Hino HE / ZM

Hey there. Does anyone know if there are any old hino He or Zm models still around somewhere suitable for slight restoration or maybe (doubtfully) good enough to leave as is. I’ve been looking for one now for a while and any here in Ireland are wrotten or making big money. I would love to keep one in preservation as they are the first trucks I remember as a kid as they were so plentiful. Any photos/ details would be appreciated. Thanks.

Once living close to the European Distribution Centre of Hino in Mechelen, Mannes of Overijse (Brussels-region)
represented Hino for a long time. Sorry for the Flemish language, but here my contribution regarding pictures
and some technical stuff. Documentation is from 1979 in an era Mannes frequently exhibited on Brussels show

Alex

Thanks Alex. I’ve collected some brochures on the Zm and he but the real thing would be great.

Vlaamse tal is goed! Never apologise for the Flemmish language! Robert :smiley:

There very rare ireland is probably the best place to get them

I don’t know where more have driven as in Ireland,and were assembled overt there too, West side of Dublin if I remeber it good. Only a hand full were sold on the continent Belgium, France and ■■?
In the '80’s you couldn’t look beside of them, good riders for the Irish roads back then.

Eric,

I could be wrong but were hino’s not made in ireland in those day’s

Hey Ir Lorries, made or assembled can’t remember too long ago.

Eric,

Didn’t Harris Hino assemble them at a plant near Warrington? I think they then moved to a bigger place alongside the A1 just north of Catterick.

Steve

J Harris(Assemblers) had a facility near Swords in Co.Dublin where they put together kcd Hino kits imported from Japan.I think this was to get round some embargo or other re: quotas or taxes on Far East imports ?

Hey Sords Swords Meadows nice gone days:( :frowning: , don’t stop at the traffic lights at night only have a look :smiley: :smiley:

Eric,

robert1952:
Vlaamse tal is goed! Never apologise for the Flemmish language! Robert :smiley:

Hey Robert, Flemish must be understand by everyone because its a world language in Flanders :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hino were sold in the 70th by SEGAR an importer in the Paris suburb. They had some dealers through the country, this example was used in east of France.

D H Jones from newbridge by Ruabon had one of bthe biggest Hino fleets , a picture of one is on the N Wales thread . thank you Trevor

michel:
Hino were sold in the 70th by SEGAR an importer in the Paris suburb. They had some dealers through the country, this example was used in east of France.

Superbe Michel, when will we go back for the" plateau", but this time to the warmth South, or over the Mont Ceniso chained up. :smiley: :laughing:

Eric,

:laughing: :laughing: interesting looking hino he

2.jpg

3.jpg

irish lorries:
:lol: :laughing: interesting looking hino he

Hino what that is! It’s known as ‘council-workers bum’! :laughing: Robert

robert1952:

irish lorries:
:lol: :laughing: interesting looking hino he

Hino what that is! It’s known as ‘council-workers bum’! :laughing: Robert

I always liked the look of the he’s but clearly this man doesn’t :unamused:

Dad drove a Hino for JJ LOWE from Bray just outside Dublin, as well as the DAF . went all over Europe