Hino diagnostics

Hello lads, just wondering does anybody use or can recomend a diagnostic tool that will connect with hino 700 series. Just something simple realy to check fault codes and erase doesnt have to be anything flash. Finding it hard to get any info on this.

Sorry may have been a bit vague mostly the FY series we work on

Hope this helps… not a cheap item depends also on the age of the vehicle

obd2tool.co.uk/wholesale/hin … lorer.html

autodiagnostictools.co.uk/hi … -explorer/

Cheers bud have you ever dealt with either companies?

What do you think of the Hinos?

If its a normal obd setup, what about a ELM327 from eBay, and a free download of OBDFacile from t’net? Total cost about £12.

Scaniason- I will look into that thanks didnt realise that.
Muckaway- Yea we find them very reliable they are a bit basic in the cab and a bit rough on the road but a good workhorse for muckshifting do you run them?

No we run Daf CFs and an Isuzu puddle jumper (baby Hino :laughing: ). My boss was interested because they’re cheap (or they were until Euro 6 stopped new ones). All of one local firms 8wheelers are Hino so they can’t be that bad.
What payload do yours carry? We get 19 on our Thompson bodied CF.

scaniason:
If its a normal obd setup, what about a ELM327 from eBay, and a free download of OBDFacile from t’net? Total cost about £12.

Looked into it the likes of them ELM327 and other scanners only support 12 volt

Muckaway:
No we run Daf CFs and an Isuzu puddle jumper (baby Hino :laughing: ). My boss was interested because they’re cheap (or they were until Euro 6 stopped new ones). All of one local firms 8wheelers are Hino so they can’t be that bad.
What payload do yours carry? We get 19 on our Thompson bodied CF.

How do the DAFs go? Wouldnt be that well up on what loads they haul im mostly at repairs but I think about the same. Some jobs they might not leave site and they would be well overweight. Dont know what will happen with this euro 6 if they are going to find a way around it soon or what.

It’s only a 360 but even when driving it uphill and staying in the green, a Hino remained a good distance back. :sunglasses:

Sadlier:

scaniason:

Looked into it the likes of them ELM327 and other scanners only support 12 volt

Ah right ok - shame about that :frowning:

HI,

Any one looking to sell there hino fy 700?