Highways idiots - hope they get sued big time

So who witnessed the tonne of grit being dumped in a big pile across lanes 1,2 and 3 on Windy Hill yesterday?

Went down yesterday early afternoon and Highways are flashing up “SKID RISK” on the gantry about 5 miles before it, but nothing on the gantry at the top of Windy nor the one about 400 yards before the huge pile of grit on the carriageway. WTF is wrong with these people?? They have a CCTV placed about every 200 yards along the motorway so can see where the incident is and where the overhead gantries are so why was there no warning of it on the gantry 400 yards before it? The only warnings I got of it was

1. On the gantry 5 miles before it, and let’s be honest, 99% of the time the gantries tell you about ■■■■ that happened 3 days ago :unamused: so you take them with a pinch of salt and have completely forgotten about the warning when nothing has happened after next couple of miles :unamused: .

2. When the truck in lane 1 drove through the pile of grit and its tyres deposited about 8 bucketfuls of grit on the bonnet and windscreen of my car which quite honestly scared the ■■■■ out of me that much that I nearly lost control of the car :angry: :angry: :angry:

I came back the other way some hours later and it still hadn’t been cleaned up nor any attempt made to cone off at least 1 lane and clear that up then do the others.

When I went through again about 9pm it was still there with no warning about it except on the gantry back in Huddersfield, but this time there was a black car sitting sideways on the verge with no front end or sides left on it, about 50 yards after the pile of grit, so it doesn’t take a genius to figure out what’s happened there. All 3 lanes still open and grit flying everywhere, cars and trucks sliding all over the place and what do we have on the hard shoulder? About 3 HATO cars, a plod X5 and a posse of Highways maint trucks and they’re all stood there in a little crowd looking at the pile of grit and scratching their heads… WTTTTTTTTTTTTTTF ■■? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The whole ■■■■■■■ lot of them should be sacked and I hope the poor ■■■■ in the black car who span out from it sues the HA for £10bn and wins and bankrupts the mofos so they have to close down. The road network will run 100000000 times better without them. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I’m sorely tempted to put in a bill from the local bodyshop to get the front of my motor resprayed as it now looks like a pebble-dashed house :angry: :angry: :angry: .

I noted that by midnight they’d finally finishing picking their arses and actually cleaned the ■■■■ up. No idea what time the incident actually happened but it’s taken them a minimum of EIGHT HOURS to clean it up. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

[zb] :angry:

Were all the gantry signs operational or was there a fault with some of them :question:

did you ring HA to advise them of the problem
or did you think it was someone else’s job

hitch:

Did’nt know you could ring HATO. Is there a general number for them?

he has apoint, surely if they can close an entire motorway for accident investigation work AFTER an accident surely they can CLOSE the motorway to prevent a possible serious accident?

jybson:

hitch:

Don’t know if you can ring HATO direct, but the Highways Agency number is

08457 504030

if the car in front was throwing up stones maybe you was a tad close

dle1uk:
surely they can CLOSE the motorway to prevent a possible serious accident?

Can you imagine the uproar that would cause among the trucking fraternity ( &general motoring public) :open_mouth:

die1uk:
he has apoint, surely if they can close an entire motorway for accident investigation work AFTER an accident

Have you ever seen how much moaning goes on when you shut a motorway/lane to clear up a diesel spill or remove a body,

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … os_on_m56_

and yesterday the M62 was shut again after a tanker split spilling diesel

let’s face it no one gives a flying [zb] about anyone else these days.

Rob k may be getting well stressed because his car got scratched,

What about these poor beggars who’s cars got covered inbeer & marshmallows. :open_mouth:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7753931.stm

if it needs stars it ain’t allowed :wink: colingl

Colingl:

jybson:

hitch:

Don’t know if you can ring HATO direct, but the Highways Agency number is

08457 504030

Goes to automated system so just say adviser and you’ll get through to someone that speeks ENGLISH whoopie no overseas call center

I’ve used it a few times and 99% of the time the guy you speek to knows the area your on about and they are pretty good guys

funny when i went it was a desiel tank of an man tractor unit that had split

how the hell do you get from a desiel tank to tanker of desiel.

mind it sounds better if you say the latter

bill them i would…whats the worst that will happen they will say NO

i went past about 845 that car was destroyed the road looked like blackpool beach it was shocking :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

matt f:
if the car in front was throwing up stones maybe you was a tad close

Where did I say anything about a car throwing up stones? Did you actually read what was written? Perhaps you should have another go :unamused: . I was in lane 2 about to go past an artic in lane 1.

As for phoning up HA, WTF ? They’ve got cctvs stationed all over the place to see every part of the motorway and if they can’t be bothered to use the eyes they were born then what makes you think that they can be bothered using their ears? :unamused: :angry:

That’s only in that part of the network. There are no cameras at all in my neck of the woods. :frowning:

Half of our cameras don’t work and havn’t worked for months!!!

Rob K:
2. When the truck in lane 1 drove through the pile of grit and its tyres deposited about 8 bucketfuls of grit on the bonnet and windscreen of my car which quite honestly scared the [zb] out of me that much that I nearly lost control of the car :angry: :angry: :angry:

Couldnt of happened to a nicer guy :smiley: Its not like you didnt have enough warning.

Tere aren’t any cameras from jucnt 22 down to rakewood viaduct, which i’m sure as you use it regularly know is nearly at the bottom of windy hill

itvlocal.com/granada/travel/map/

It was a truck fuel tank that was split by debris thrown into the tank by a car.

Unfortunately the tank was best part full so it was enough to make a mess.

The M62 was shut down asap so as not to cause an accident and the trapped traffic was allowed to pass in the best lane available at low speed.

The amount of diesel that was spilt meant that, yes half of Blackpool beach was thrown at it but then what was the alternative.

finally yes there was one signal that would not cancel, sorry for the confusion.