Highways Agency (TOSSERS)

Hello people, I’m sure that a good many of you, Pentalver, NWT, and the like, must have experienced the frustration of not just one but two diversions for roadworks on the A14 eastbound between Newmarket and Ipswich over the course of three nights earlier this week? It really begs the question, do these guys think of anything at all before they throw up a diversion? One at a time, fair enough but two?? They must have rendered a good few journeys un-viable altogether? With all the extra time/diesel involved. I think that sometomes they’d have their work cut out to be ordinarily useless.
What say you, ladies and gentemen?

No, they think of you and nobody else :unamused:

Before we get into name calling, Is there a stability problem with trucks apart from wind @ the moment because at least 10-15 ‘tossers’ have rolled their trucks on various parts of the network THIS WEEK :unamused: causing plenty enough mayhem :slight_smile:

When i started driving hgvs in 1992 i use to do a night trunk upto fleetwood for pandoro.
My point is we had road works on the m1 and m6 but they never closed a motorway at night for road works but this day and age they shut the whole thing now even if working on one lane. They even shut the m6 though the midlands and that was un heard of a few year ago.
The thing is when we use to get a l,buzzard to stoke twice in one night time was tight it use to take 9 1/2 hours driving without any probs so if they shut the m6 and the diversion takes 10 Min’s more each way your ■■■■■■

Oi Big n ■■■■ since when were Major Project classified as pretend coppers ? they are civil engineers :laughing: (unless it’s network delivery & development doing small works schemes)

Me thinks you are mixing up the directorates :laughing:

It’s amazing how the illinformed can spout bollox regularly on here. (not avin a go at you ■■■■ :slight_smile:)

I say little about trucks Cos I only drove them 13 years :blush: so I know nowt :slight_smile:

next week should be fun on nights.
noticed this week, that ipswich bound, the a12 is gonna be shut from chelmsford to the a120 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
if i get felixstowe shunts, it will be a pain in the arse. but in the greater scheme, i understand it makes more sense to do it at night even if it does stuff me up.

speedyguy:
Oi Big n ■■■■ since when were Major Project classified as pretend coppers ? they are civil engineers :laughing:

Me thinks you are mixing up the directorates :laughing:

Sorry that last bit was about those highway officers in the 4 by 4 that have to make a rolling road block at night to pick up a bit of rubber in lane 1.

I can get to Heathrow t5 in 4 hrs fully freighted , it takes me 4:30 plus to get back(empty) because of junction and lane closures, a right royal pain in the harrse, whichever way i go theres always probs and its the same stretch of road getting sorted

What do expect to happen retarmac the surface under you wheels?? they tried only closing one or two lanes at a time however it seems that the majority of truck drivers are incaperble of staying in one lane and end up ploughing into the road crews
Would you seriously like to be working next to a live motorway even if you were only working on the hard shoulder, I certainly wouldnt

AHT:
What do expect to happen retarmac the surface under you wheels?? they tried only closing one or two lanes at a time however it seems that the majority of truck drivers are incaperble of staying in one lane and end up ploughing into the road crews
Would you seriously like to be working next to a live motorway even if you were only working on the hard shoulder, I certainly wouldnt

Anyone who’s ever been broken down on the Hard Shoulder knows exactly what you mean (Unfortunately I have), not a nice place!

AHT:

Thats a lot of trucks having acccidents then if its a majority

speedyguy:
Before we get into name calling, Is there a stability problem with trucks apart from wind @ the moment because at least 10-15 ‘tossers’ have rolled their trucks on various parts of the network THIS WEEK :unamused: causing plenty enough mayhem :slight_smile:

yep with one turned over at Thrapston Services. He was pulling a container with a Scania unit.

AHT:

The point I’m trying to establish here is that yes,resurfacing has to happen, no denying that. It’s the fact of TWO separate lot’s of road works in a very few miles, in the same direction thats really getting my goat. It smacks of no proper planning at all. Either or either, but not both, thats what I’m saying. Sorry if I wasn’t very clear in the first place. And no disrespect to the poor guy’s at the sharp end either. My scorn is directed at the usual cretins, that drive nothing more taxing than an office desk :smiling_imp:

papermonkey:

AHT:

The point I’m trying to establish here is that yes,resurfacing has to happen, no denying that. It’s the fact of TWO separate lot’s of road works in a very few miles, in the same direction thats really getting my goat. It smacks of no proper planning at all. Either or either, but not both, thats what I’m saying. Sorry if I wasn’t very clear in the first place. And no disrespect to the poor guy’s at t :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: he sharp end either. My scorn is directed at the usual cretins, that drive nothing more taxing than an office desk :smiling_imp:

I think that the point that speedyguy is trying to get over(your words not mine) is that if wagon drivers keep rolling their wagons over they will have to close the road and make you divert :neutral_face:

Big ■■■■:
The thing is when we use to get a l,buzzard to stoke twice in one night time was tight it use to take 9 1/2 hours driving without any probs so if they shut the m6 and the diversion takes 10 Min’s more each way your [zb]

9 1/2 +10 + 10 = 9hour 50? Your not exactly screwed are you.

Papermonkey has a point, why have two sets of works, unless the signed diversion route misses both sets of works. Before this turns into a womble hating thread, as paper monkey also points out, officers in 4x4s do not have any say over when and where roadworks are implemented. IT IS people sitting at desks, that do not know what 0200 is, that make these decisions because they believe the roads are totally empty after 1800 and before 0800. Nothing to do with wombles. :unamused:

happysack:

Big ■■■■:
The thing is when we use to get a l,buzzard to stoke twice in one night time was tight it use to take 9 1/2 hours driving without any probs so if they shut the m6 and the diversion takes 10 Min’s more each way your [zb]

9 1/2 +10 + 10 + 10 + 10 = 10hour 10, he makes the journey twice at 10 mins extra each way.

NickW:

happysack:

Big ■■■■:

9 1/2 +10 + 10 + 10 + 10 = 10hour 10, he makes the journey twice at 10 mins extra each way.

Thank you nick someone can see what i mean lol

green456:

papermonkey:
Sorry if I wasn’t very clear in the first place. And no disrespect to the poor guy’s at t :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: he sharp end either. My scorn is directed at the usual cretins, that drive nothing more taxing than an office desk :smiling_imp:

I think that the point that speedyguy is trying to get over(your words not mine) is that if wagon drivers keep rolling their wagons over they will have to close the road and make you divert :neutral_face:

You mean like on the M62 again today :laughing:

I’m ‘temporarily’ driving a desk rather than on trucks etc, if no one is pointing it out or complaining about it on ‘hail’ in droves so the ‘desk jockeys’ get their ear bent nothing will change :neutral_face: