Highways Agency phone number

Does anybody know what the phone number is to report debris etc on the motorways is please?

highways.gov.uk/aboutus/2304.aspx

For all queries, complaints, feedback and fault reporting regarding the Highways Agency’s network:

• Email us at ha_info@highways.gsi.gov.uk
  • Or call 08457 50 40 30 or 0121 335 8300.
    o Please note the ‘08457’ number is non-geographical
    o Available 24/7
    o Calls from landlines to 08457 and 08700 numbers can cost up to 8p per minute but are free from some landline providers; mobiles usually cost more. Please check costs with your service provider.
    o Calls may be recorded or monitored
    o Do not use a mobile phone whilst driving
    o You can also contact us via Typetalk

Or 999 if you consider it to be dangerous, the Police will then pass it to the HA.

Mick.

DAF95XF:
Does anybody know what the phone number is to report debris etc on the motorways is please?

Whoever you call, try to get the markerpost, they are now on large square plates at every ½km

We then can set the signs just prior to the incident, rather than between junctions.

Denis F:
http://www.highways.gov.uk/aboutus/2304.aspx

For all queries, complaints, feedback and fault reporting regarding the Highways Agency’s network:

• Email us at ha_info@highways.gsi.gov.uk
  • Or call 08457 50 40 30 or 0121 335 8300.
    o Please note the ‘08457’ number is non-geographical
    o Available 24/7
    o Calls from landlines to 08457 and 08700 numbers can cost up to 8p per minute but are free from some landline providers; mobiles usually cost more. Please check costs with your service provider.
    o Calls may be recorded or monitored
    o Do not use a mobile phone whilst driving
    o You can also contact us via Typetalk

Cheers Denis - I’ll put that number into my phone!!!

999 if your pretty sure of location or pick up the next ETB phone and the location is pinpointed nationally to within 500M hopefully, and if it’s on the other carriageway say that, because the patrol may generally be sent to the c/way the call came from :slight_smile:,

Not had one of those “i’ve crashed on the M6 near a bridge, i’m going to Birmingham from Blackpool” for a couple of days now :laughing:

oscardog:
Or 999 if you consider it to be dangerous, the Police will then pass it to the HA.

Mick.

If i have ever seen something on the road (ratchet strap etc etc peice of tyre) then i have always been in 2 minds wether to phone 999 or not as i dont know if it would be justified and would prob end up in court for wasting police time on something trivial :exclamation: :exclamation: :confused: :confused:

what would the police/HA define as an object being dangerous :question: :question: i mean a plastic bag blowing across the carrigeway would not be… :laughing: :laughing: but would say a peice or cardboard :question: :question:

Anything that has potential to cause damage to vehicles or risk to life is worth phoning 999. a large piece of cardboard may appear harmless but if it blows across a vehicles windscreen, it could cause chaos!! :open_mouth:

The Highway Man:
Anything that has potential to cause damage to vehicles or risk to life is worth phoning 999. a large piece of cardboard may appear harmless but if it blows across a vehicles windscreen, it could cause chaos!! :open_mouth:

Or Mrs Miggins doing 40 in lane 2 swerves either way to avoid it and causes a good old pile up, Generally if’s blowing it will blow off the carriageway and if it’s flat i’e 6x4 plywood sheet it’ll wait a few til i finish my brew :smiling_imp: (Only kiddin :grimacing: )

A ratchet strap to a truck may not seem like much(apart from a few hundred for a tyre change :confused: ) But to motorcyclists it could be a different story.

Been stood (on h/s before u start :laughing: ) next to a truck chequerplate step in lane 2 only small but when a heavy hit it, it must have gone up over 30 ft in the air and luckily it didn’t come back down through a car windscreen :open_mouth: , nicely bounced into L1 so a quick pop out and retrieve it :sunglasses:

speedyguy:

The Highway Man:

Or Mrs Miggins doing 40 in lane 2 swerves either way to avoid it and causes a good old pile up, Generally if’s blowing it will blow off the carriageway and if it’s flat i’e 6x4 plywood sheet it’ll wait a few til i finish my brew :smiling_imp: (Only kiddin :grimacing: )

A ratchet strap to a truck may not seem like much(apart from a few hundred for a tyre change :confused: ) But to motorcyclists it could be a different story.

Been stood (on h/s before u start :laughing: ) next to a truck chequerplate step in lane 2 only small but when a heavy hit it, it must have gone up over 30 ft in the air and luckily it didn’t come back down through a car windscreen :open_mouth: , nicely bounced into L1 so a quick pop out and retrieve it :sunglasses:

whats one of those :question: :question: :question: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Probably the reflective plates you find on the rear of trailers. :wink:

edited to add, oops…I got that wrong! :blush:

Cruise Control:

speedyguy:
truck chequerplate step into L1 so a quick pop out and retrieve it :sunglasses:

whats one of those :question: :question: :question: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Forgive for bein a Daf(t) owner in a previous life, It was the bottom step to get in and out of the cab, made out of like a Chequerplate metal (metal with holes :laughing: ) about inch thick by 6inch by 12 inch. Prob more used on crappy old construction vehicles/ Daf’s :wink: than the facncy trucks trundling about on M/way & Dist work.

Sort of like this bottom step daftruckscambridge.co.uk/NewTruck/147/ :slight_smile:

dial 999 if you think the object will cause a crash or will cause a danger in any other way.

trust me i can hear the jobs over the radio and people are sent to logs or a brick in lane 2 and traffic go and remove it. if it won’t affect your lorry it will affect a motorbike