Highways Agency acting on behalf of DVSA

Has anyone seen the HATO parked by Stafford M6, it pulls in lorries in to the checkpoint ?
There are about six DVSA vehicles parked up in the compound, so my question is, do HA have the power to pull you, and why no DVSA cars not pulling ?
On the rear of the HA vehicle, is a small sign of somesort about DVSA.

It was in the press a while back that they will be helping dvsa to stop vehicles and take them to a check point

Not a problem to me.
It isn’t as if they are taking it upon themselves, they are just acting as a back up to DVSA so ‘‘nothing to see here’’ as far as I’m concerned… And I aint bothered about being pulled these days anyway tbh. :neutral_face:

robroy:
Not a problem to me.
It isn’t as if they are taking it upon themselves, they are just acting as a back up to DVSA so ‘‘nothing to see here’’ as far as I’m concerned… And I aint bothered about being pulled these days anyway tbh. :neutral_face:

I do I have kittens every time I pass carlisle , it wasn’t bad when I was on midnight / 1 am starts as no- one seemed about when I passed 6/7 am and then came down the following morning early hours .
But this week started 6/7 am and I did nigh on a 45 min double check at Carlisle t/ stop before I’d venture past checkpoint , comming down I git behind a truck hoping first seen first stopped
I’ve nothing to worry about but once bitten twice shy

elepha t ra e him in the .iddle lane and you cant.get.drawn in so easily…

dieseldog999:

Ha e ou g t dir y ouch sc en ate?

Franglais:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^
nah…this proves if you try to txt and drive then it interferes with your txting as your not in full control of your phone…

elephant race in lane.2 and.its.not so easy to get tugged i to the weighbridge . :smiley:

dieseldog999:

Franglais:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^
nah…this proves if you try to txt and drive then it interferes with your txting as your not in full control of your phone…

elephant race in lane.2 and.its.not so easy to get tugged i to the weighbridge . :smiley:

:laughing:

Bu g r th t, if I s e a HATO o rta i g m and p ling in with the “F LOW E” si n, i 'll be a case of “DO ONE”
They are surely just b g- ea ed t ats with no a t ri y

Is this a new trend on posting :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is just a trial guys, it’s a joint way of working. We already have the authority to stop and direct traffic under the Traffic Management Act 2004. We already stop vehicles up and down the country to advise on vehicle defects and insecure loads, however, we leave the driver to rectify it themselves.

BossHogg:
This is just a trial guys, it’s a joint way of working. We already have the authority to stop and direct traffic under the Traffic Management Act 2004. We already stop vehicles up and down the country to advise on vehicle defects and insecure loads, however, we leave the driver to rectify it themselves.

A trial ■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

WTF !! You are there to monitor problems on the roads, accidents, congestion, (however badly that you actually do it !!) and nothing else, you are an agency not a law enforcement !!!

If I saw one of your vehicles pull in front of me with your amber lights flashing I might be inclined to pull over to the hard shoulder to see if you have found a problem with my vehicle, tyre, load bulge, (immigrant hanging off the axle) etc., but on no way would I take any notice of a “FOLLOW ME” flashing up in front !!!

Don’t shoot the messenger, it’s not happening in my neck of the woods, we stopped being an agency 3 years ago, our remit is changing all the time and there is nothing us guys on road can do about it.

BossHogg:

Driver: what do you advise then, boss?
Officer: we advise you pay your £100 fine in 7 days or it’ll double - and to strap all this bog roll in future.

We don’t do enforcement bud. So you won’t get any fines from us.

BossHogg:
We already stop vehicles up and down the country to advise on vehicle defects and insecure loads, however, we leave the driver to rectify it themselves.

So why is it considered that HA know more about vehicle defects and load security than the likes of me.
It’s a bit like me advising an electrician how to re.wire a house.

toby1234abc:
Has anyone seen the HATO parked by Stafford M6, it pulls in lorries in to the checkpoint ?
There are about six DVSA vehicles parked up in the compound, so my question is, do HA have the power to pull you, and why no DVSA cars not pulling ?

The short answer is yes they do have the power to stop you on certain roads (motorways being one) and it is an offence to not do so if direct.

The power comes from the traffic management act 2004 which I’m sure you could do some bed time reading on if you wanted a full answer to your question lol

One for Boss Hogg on this, do you have access to the traffic light system? without access to this then it will just be a case of the HA operators prejudices being used to select vehicles.

Rowley010:

toby1234abc:

The short answer is yes they do have the power to stop you on certain roads (motorways being one) and it is an offence to not do so if direct.

The power comes from the traffic management act 2004 which I’m sure you could do some bed time reading on if you wanted a full answer to your question lol

Just had a quick look

gov.uk/government/organisat … r-services

But can’t find the bit where it says

if we pull in front with “follow me” you must folow me

Mazzer2:
One for Boss Hogg on this, do you have access to the traffic light system? without access to this then it will just be a case of the HA operators prejudices being used to select vehicles.

In short - I don’t know mucker, it’s a different region to me so I don’t know how it works.

robroy:

BossHogg:
We already stop vehicles up and down the country to advise on vehicle defects and insecure loads, however, we leave the driver to rectify it themselves.

So why is it considered that HA know more about vehicle defects and load security than the likes of me.
It’s a bit like me advising an electrician how to re.wire a house.

It’s not rocket science, we see something that doesn’t appear right, wheel vibrating, tyre deflated, flames from wheel hub, straps loose and dragging behind the vehicle etc we will alert you. I’m not a mechanic or loader so I wouldn’t know the first thing about that side of the industry, however, I’ve been a traffic officer for 12 years so I think I’ve seen enough vehicles to know if something is amiss. :wink: