Highway Agency Programme

on channel 4 now.

you gonna watch it?

Matthew Sear

What brilliant advert for HGV drivers.

■■■■■

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I take it you agree with me then ROG?

:smiling_imp:

UNREAL .
What an total imbecile , no wonder were treated like scum , he is a perfect example of scum. Jesus :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Come on then chaps, spill the beans for those of us who didn’t watch…

Paul.

Rog must have trained him…lol

Paul , imagine the worst portrayal of a typical hgv driver on national tv, you can, and double it :smiling_imp:

a quote from the programme,

I’ll set the scene,

He is driving along on a dual carriageway through a town and there are numerous wagons parked on the inside lane, with their hazards on, unloading, (they looked like co-op wagons to be honest well one did)

And he says “ look at that ■■■■■■ parked on a dual carriage way, why ******* do it, ******* idiot, how stupid is that” “ I know I do it but that’s beside the point the prick”

Also sticking the fingers up at learner drivers and calling them masturbators and so on

to be honest i don’t think they could have picked a bigger idiotic, chauvinistic, ageist, bigoted, stupid mindless idiot to portray the HGV drivers of the world. to be honest i am ashamed to be classed as a HGV driver if everybody is going to think we are all like that.

he should be shot at the nearest truckstop and put on youtube for all to see.

once again he is a ■■■■■!

sorry but my blood is boiling with him!

i hope i never have the misfortune of being in his company because i wont be held responsible for what i say or do to the prick

[

quote=“Giblsa”]
He is driving along on a dual carriageway through a town and there are numerous wagons parked on the inside lane, with their hazards on, unloading, (they looked like co-op wagons to be honest well one did)

And he says “ look at that [zb] parked on a dual carriage way, why ******* do it, ******* idiot, how stupid is that” “ I know I do it but that’s beside the point the prick”

Also sticking the fingers up at learner drivers and calling them masturbators and so on
[/quote]

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Typical, sounds like the kind of thing that gives our industry an ever-worsening name. Still, I wished I’d watched just for the classic line “I know I do it…” PMSL indeed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Paul.

I’m very glad I watched it!

I’m going to be ringing the HA much more often, them two ladies in the bunker were rather pleasant on the eyes!

Was it anybody we know? who is conspicuous by their absence this week :smiley:

I’m not casting aspersions here but he seemed to make the same kind of comments that limeyphil does■■? :laughing: :laughing:

What was it called?

Gridlock and road rage

i think,

it was that long a go i cant remember :blush: :blush:

Giblsa:
Gridlock and road rage

Ta, found it, “Cutting Edge: Gridlock and Road Rage”

I’ll grab it and watch it tomorrow.

(Is it available of 4-on-Demand?)

■■■■ i missed it , i was too busy phoneing my vote , for a 12 yr old girl with the voice of an angel on ITV , will look out for it on the repeat circut i want to see and hear how these HA peeps justify closing motorways for any ■■■■ reason costing us all millions, ?

Whilst I didn’t see it, what did you expect? Considerate and thoughtful drivers don’t make for ‘good’ television. Only a few years ago another programme featured a couple of ■■■■■■■■■ that behaved in a similar manner.

Broadening the discussion, as many (car) driving instructors tend to use Industrial areas for manoeuvring practice, when confronted by them, how do you react?

Hopefully, by using Industrial areas, they are also educating their students relative to the turning capabilities and road usage required by larger vehicles. Alright. I’m dreaming. :laughing:

When I am pushed for time, they are a pain in the arse but, if I’ve got a couple of minutes to spare, then I’m quite happy to play along whilst they practice TIR or Reverse Parking, and if they appear to be sufficiently proficient, then, having established eye contact with the instructor, I’ll ‘rev’ the engine, and get a bit closer, just to put them under a bit of pressure. One never knows. The student could become a future colleague. :bulb:

Drifting off onto another subject, on a regular run close to the ‘home’ depot, at the end of a farmyard driveway was a female standing with a horse. It was abundantly clear that she was there to assimilate the animal to road noises.

Hence, with no other vehicles about, I dropped the speed, and proceeded to use the revs and the air brakes to generate as much, and varied, noise as possible. Which, from the smile on her face, was exactly what she was looking for. :slight_smile:

It cost me nothing. But possibly enhanced the reputation of the company in question within the local community. :wink:

And the horse? It didn’t give a ■■■■. :unamused: :unamused:

macplaxton:

Giblsa:
Gridlock and road rage

Ta, found it, “Cutting Edge: Gridlock and Road Rage”

I’ll grab it and watch it tomorrow.

(Is it available of 4-on-Demand?)

I think it is as most ‘Cutting edge’ programmes are :smiley: :smiley:

willie_mac:
Rog must have trained him…lol

He was my ‘BEST’ trainee :wink: passed with no minors :unamused: excellent attitude :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: