Highland trucking

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … Episode_1/

You’ll have to excuse my cynasism !! I thought it was like playschools explanation of what truckers do. The scenery undoubtedly was great. I liked the words of wisdom from the operator…“we have the weather to contend with and ferry fares to pay every month, its a never ending circle”…a rivetting insight into buisness conditions in the highlands.I did like the euphamism for always on the phone…“in constant touch with his colleagues” and a nice shot of him ringing his mate (albeit hands free) and with no seatbelt on :smiley:
Top tip in this documentary i thought was …“you just never know when someone is going to come out here [in a small sleepy village] and you need to listen out for sirens”, it only narrowly beats…“roadworks, they’re everywhere you just can’t avoid them”, cue a small works triangle in the village and a queue of about 8 cars !! The guy standing on the forks as it was driven about the warehouse was cool, and the driver just about to go into the door marked “no drivers”. I always wondered what exactly a ‘couchette’ was and then i seen one just at the end of the film in the transporter where they where all ‘having a laugh’. Looked like a wake to me !!!
Its certainley an insight though :smiley:

There was a roundabout built on Stornaway a few years back, the first one on the islands. A traffic warden put on duty at the roundabout to show the locals how to use it !!

That was okay, nice easy viewing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well i thought that was well worth watching, Ice Road Truckers producers should take note on how to make a programme without the need to resort to dramatics.
It makes a change to see how its done in the Highlands rather than showing trucking up and down the UKs motorways
Looking forward to the next programme.

What language are they speaking in the programme?

just watched the second part very good indeed
and for all the ones that want to know if there passed you will have to watch it am no spoiler :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

BBC ALBA - Draibhearan, Episode 2 :wink:

Grasshopper:
What language are they speaking in the programme?

:laughing:

Mike-C:
You’ll have to excuse my cynasism !! I thought it was like playschools explanation of what truckers do.

That’s how far the education of the general public has got to when it comes to HGV’s.

I think the guy from Macleods needs educating, did anyone spot him putting his orange hazzard plate on the wrong way!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: