Highland truckers

If anyone is interested, there is a programme on sky ch168 about truck drivers in the highlands. Sum of it may be in gaelic but should have english subtitles

What’s a Happy Hebridean doing in Inverkip?

Sounds as exiting as ice road truckers :unamused: then i suppose the narrator will “big it up” somewhat but if its in Gaelic . . who knows ?

tartanraider:
What’s a Happy Hebridean doing in Inverkip?

Work, but would move back 2 hebrides 2morro, but nothin doin on job front :frowning:

Aye it’s a bit rough in the 'Kip these days! Any idea what was behind that murder?

tartanraider:
Aye it’s a bit rough in the 'Kip these days! Any idea what was behind that murder?

Not heard anything(always last to know :frowning: ). Another reason the hebrides are better(not bias :laughing:), don’t live in fear of no-one. Where do you hail from tartanraider?

Just up the road in sunny Greenock! :smiley:

Have been in London though for 25 years, same reason, WORK! Where are you working and who for?

I’m working for mcgills just now. Passed class 2 last nov but no jobs :frowning: . At least i can keep a hand in an get the valuable driving experience

found a link for this,

was half expecting to be on this program sitting next to the highland truckers in the canteen at coop ■■■■■■■■■■■ :slight_smile: in my short career :frowning: as a part time trolley dolly waiting to get loaded,

there were allways lots of island motors there

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … Episode_1/

I quite enjoyed it even though it was subtitled. Here’s hoping the two lads pass their tests OK. 2nd episode Tuesday 21:00 channel 168.

its worth a watch , subtitles take about 5 minutes to get used to

ps even when they speak english - you still need the subtitles , i couldnt make out a word :smiley:

merc0447:
even when they speak english - you still need the subtitles , i couldnt make out a word :smiley:

They’re just breaking you in gently. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The luxury accommodation on the ferry was impressive. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I also love the old boys laid back attitude running the cattle.

Andy smg:

merc0447:
even when they speak english - you still need the subtitles , i couldnt make out a word :smiley:

They’re just breaking you in gently. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The luxury accommodation on the ferry was impressive. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I also love the old boys laid back attitude running the cattle.

Its a 6 hour ferry journey, so comfort is a necessity :smiley:. The laid back attitude is just an island way of life, not just hauling cattle :laughing: :laughing:

I love the Northern attitude in general, not just the islands. I got a choice to go to either Gadbrook or Alness on Friday.
It was a really hard decision, not. :wink:

Andy smg:
I love the Northern attitude in general, not just the islands. I got a choice to go to either Gadbrook or Alness on Friday.

Andy,who are you on for and where do you tip in Alness?

Highlander:

Andy smg:

Andy,who are you on for and where do you tip in Alness?

I’m reluctantly trolley dollying for the big yellow M at the moment mate, so will be topping up your shelves for the weekend.
I always have a wee nosey in your yard when passing after tipping.
It can be a pain in the backside sometimes as you’re told your going up the road, then arrive in work to be told it’s been given away to someone else. Just sitting tight at the mo till things pick up, and then I’ll move on. Can’t knock it too much as it’s paying the bills for now.

I enjoyed watching it.
As i used to be like the one driver said"only interested if it has wheels on"

Tonyb

happyhebridean436:
If anyone is interested, there is a programme on sky ch168 about truck drivers in the highlands. Sum of it may be in gaelic but should have english subtitles

I have to watch that. Maybe I will able to work out who was this ■■■■■■■ from MacLeod who did not gave me way a single time during six months I was doing Uists and was always passing me so fast that I had no chance to see his face :smiley:

Great programme.

Thanx for all the positive feedback guys. Woz worried no-one would be interested, due to it not being broadcast in english. Next episode tues, 9pm, ch168(sky)