High Winds

Hi everyone just wondered if anyone had any tips for driving in high winds on my way south to Chelmsford and the weather is crap any advice appreciated

Dave

Just take it slow , I’m going up to Newmarket later and just hoping that the winds have died down a bit by then not looking forward to it either , so stay safe

All the best

Jennie x

stop if you think its too much, your no good on your side better late than never

If it gets too much stop and drop the legs for stability.

No one will moan if you stop and your getting paid for it.

S L O W

Hi Pal

I Was heading into Chelmsford about 03:00 this morning and the Weather was appalling and just seems to have got Worse throughout the day.

If you’ve got curtains on your lorry , i knoW it sounds obvious but make sure there really tight on both the straps and the side tensioners. If their slack the curtain Will act like a sail, bloWing you all over the place.

Depending on Weather you have a floating axle, you could loWer the axle and it Will give you a bit more stability With the Wind and the rain too.

Hope this is of some help

Safe driving
Ben

bigfoot:
Hi Pal

I Was heading into Chelmsford about 03:00 this morning and the Weather was appalling and just seems to have got Worse throughout the day.

If you’ve got curtains on your lorry , i knoW it sounds obvious but make sure there really tight on both the straps and the side tensioners. If their slack the curtain Will act like a sail, bloWing you all over the place.

Depending on Weather you have a floating axle, you could loWer the axle and it Will give you a bit more stability With the Wind and the rain too.

Hope this is of some help

Safe driving
Ben

If you’re loaded that is, if not then don’t ■■■■■■■ hesitate to get them tied back with the back doors open.

Nice one mate, complety forgot that one and most obvious :blush: :blush: :blush:

bigfoot:
Nice one mate, complety forgot that one and most obvious :blush: :blush: :blush:

Because it’s not really normal to be blasting down the M6 with your trailer doors wide open and curtains tied back :smiling_imp: :laughing:

You do see it alot Sam