HIGH WINDS

It’s that time of year again.

Be carefull tomorrow is going to be a bit rough winds of 70+ in some areas.

If you are not happy with setting off DONT, the job is not worth your life.

If your forced by your gaffer then go, but park up somewhere asap.

highways.gov.uk/news/breakingnews.aspx

“If you are not happy with setting off DONT, the job is not worth your life”

couldnt of said it better. take care people

i was in freightliner leeds from 5.40 till lunchtime on tues waiting freightliner care but gave up in the end and went home.

freightliner are loading loads of boxes out of f/l care onto trailers cos of the threat of the wind tomorrow.

Fortunately the wind doesn’t affect my car transporter :smiley:

Rough as a rough thing going over the A66 to Penrith on Monday morning though! :open_mouth:

Take care everyone tomorrow!

a bit off topic, but on topic if you know what i mean, i know but its a question i have been wondering all morning since scraping some ice off my car…

if you are in an artic and its icy have you got any tips on driving them in the ice and snow (apart from carefully)? any hints, tips or tricks that us newbies might be able to use if we get in a ‘sticky’ (should that read slippy :laughing: ) situation■■?

Giblsa:
a bit off topic, but on topic if you know what i mean, i know but its a question i have been wondering all morning since scraping some ice off my car…

if you are in an artic and its icy have you got any tips on driving them in the ice and snow (apart from carefully)? any hints, tips or tricks that us newbies might be able to use if we get in a ‘sticky’ (should that read slippy :laughing: ) situation■■?

put a bit more weight on the drive axle and lower the suspension a notch nad very steady away.

jessicas dad:
…and lower the suspension a notch nad very steady away.

on the unit, trailer or both?

Giblsa:

jessicas dad:
…and lower the suspension a notch nad very steady away.

on the unit, trailer or both?

i normally load the front of the trailer a bit heavier if i can and lower the rear cab suspension down a bit to give more grip on your drive axle.

like now im on containers if its icy or snow il just lower the suspension and away she goes.

ive had it a few years ago the drivers were in the office moaning they couldnt get out of the yard and were wandering but to the tea room when i came back after my first job. :smiling_imp:

Remember that using the gears to slow down only acts on the drive axle. It’s better to use the footbrake since it acts on all the wheels and the ABS is there to help.

If you start to slide then use cadence braking - quick on/off taps on the brake pedal.

Santa:
If you start to slide then use cadence braking - quick on/off taps on the brake pedal.

NOT IF YOU HAVE ABS

Try this it may work,

The truck in the above clip is a 379 Peterbilt with a 475 Cat 18 speed fuller, as seen here. Commentry is by my Wife.

Noticed today on the M18 matrix sign’s where flashing

STRONG WINDS NORTH EAST YORKISHIRE - DELAY’S POSSIBLE

As i drove EAST on the M18 towards Doncaster - However it said the same thing going WEST bound on M18 going towards Sheffield :question: :confused:

The A66 was closed to HGV’s and caravans today. winds averaged around 60mph, and got over 70mph at one time.

Whats the weather like mentioned heavy flooding but no severe weather warning for high winds.

Supposed to be taking a double decker down the M74 and M6 tonight, chances are it will be empty, since i,m agency thinking of telling them to forget it.

From the last weather forecast that I saw, (about 1-30pm) bloody awful rain coming into the north, ie ■■■■■■■ etc, tonight, but the winds dropping a bit. Friday starting out wet, but brightening up nicely in the afternoon with wind speed down and the sun makes an appearance.
Friday night through saturday, it all starts again, winds up, rain down!