High exhaust temperature volvo

Hi all I was just wondering if I can get some help please.

I have a volvo fm globetrotter on a 19plate I keep getting high exhaust temperature ping up. It comes on from about 10minutes of driving from cold. And it’s on all day while driving. It will clear if I sit still for about 20minute but as soon as I pull off it comes back on. I have no fault codes.

It’s not trying to do a regen is it? Defect it or take it to main dealers if you’re an O/D. Most likely faulty sensor.

Thanks for the reply.it’s like it want to do a regen but it’s just not kicking in. Ive Said to the fitter it maybe a sensor. But when I said that, he put it on a computer he said the sensor are okay.

Is it your own truck, or a company truck you drive?

I’d just ‘defect’ it, if it’s a company truck. Leave it up to the boss and the fitter to decide.

If it was my own truck, I’d change the sensor, regardless of the fitter and his computer.
It’s an easy so relatively cheap thing to do, which will write a dodgy sensor off the board.
If the new, so hopefully good, sensor still shows excessively high exhaust temps. Then it’s time to start looking into the root cause.

It’s a company truck. It’s been going on for 8weeks. Isn’t it doing to be doing more harm than good if it keeps driving around?

typical fitter.
A dodgy sensor can show its ok and still be ■■■■■■, will just give a false all good warning.

Not saying it is the sensor btw, but could be. But had plenty of issues with ABS sensors that did not show up as a warning on the fitters gadget but were ■■■■■■.

Volram87:
It’s a company truck. It’s been going on for 8weeks. Isn’t it doing to be doing more harm than good if it keeps driving around?

As long as you’ve reported it through your companies defect reporting system, on at least a weekly basis. So the boss and the ‘workshop’ are aware it is ongoing, don’t worry about it. It’s their problem, not yours. If it is doing harm, your truck will eventually need an expensive visit to a workshop. That is also their problem, not yours. As long as the trucks defect is not a danger to other road users, just carry on driving it and reporting the defect. You are then doing your part. You’ve even spoken to the fitter about it, so the fitter knows you are ‘concerned’. There’s nothing more you can do, you’ve already gone ‘above and beyond’ what’s ‘required’.

As above. Just keep defecting it. If they tell you to keep driving it then do so as long as it’s safe and when it goes bang you’ve a pile of defects you’ve filed with them to prove you’ve done your bit to try to get it sorted.