High electricity & gas prices!

Roymondo:

Franglais:

Roymondo:

Winseer:
(Our cat knocked a cooker knob around one night, and I came down in the morning to find a new and very expensive way to heat the kitchen, with a red-hot ring, and some smoke too, from a number of nearby objects that had been singed…) Electic used that night was around £27, after which Bulb jacked up by DD from the already high £156 to £219 per month…

An electric hob ring would only account for about a fiver of that even if left full on for 12 hours! What on earth are you growing to use 27 quid’s worth in a single night?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Are “levers” allowed on electrical gear?
Isnt it all "knobs" so sleeves wont catch, and cats (those without opposable thumbs) can`t operate them?

Maybe the moggie has a cat-nip farm in the attic?

His account of the whole episode (and consequences thereof) has the distinct odour of bovine excrement and/or RCD Jackanory:

1. To use £27 in a single night would mean drawing a continuous 55 Amps for a full 10 hours - that’s way more than the vast majority of domestic cooker circuits could supply (normally a 32A fuse or MCB). Maybe the cat spent the night in the shower?

2. How did Bulb know about this one off “blip”? They ask for monthly meter reads (although you can submit them more frequently if you wish to). The only way they’d get wind of it would be if he had a smart meter set to provide daily (or hourly) readings. I’m sure that a card-carrying member of the tinfoil hat wearing paranoid lorry drivers’ club he wouldn’t have that.

3. Bulb send you a friendly email if they want to change your monthly payment, and if on checking you don’t agree with it you simply go online and change it to what you think it should be.

And another thing…
Not that more is needed…
Unless he saw the cat turn the knob on, how does he know the cat was the culprit?
It couldn’t possibly have been a human mistakenly leaving it on?
The dog ate my homework.
The cat turned the electric on.

Carryfast:
UK gas exports double in a year - even as millions of British families face soaring bills | Daily Mail Online

Whatever Boris’ agenda is it obviously has nothing to with leaving it in the ground to save the planet from non existent global warming.
Or that we are running out of our own gas.

It doesn’t look like the price of gas is going to become cheaper any time soon, I was reading this morning that Germany has stated that if they had to go the route of importing LNG from Qatar or the Trumpanzee’s ‘freedom gas’ it’s economically unviable as it’s not just more expensive it’s exorbitantly more expensive. :open_mouth:

lancpudn:

Carryfast:
UK gas exports double in a year - even as millions of British families face soaring bills | Daily Mail Online

Whatever Boris’ agenda is it obviously has nothing to with leaving it in the ground to save the planet from non existent global warming.
Or that we are running out of our own gas.

It doesn’t look like the price of gas is going to become cheaper any time soon, I was reading this morning that Germany has stated that if they had to go the route of importing LNG from Qatar or the Trumpanzee’s ‘freedom gas’ it’s economically unviable as it’s not just more expensive it’s exorbitantly more expensive. :open_mouth:

Gas is still 500% cheaper than electric.
Most of the price increase on gas is carbon tax.
With more being planned to force the change to unaffordable, anything but green, electric for us so they can export more of our gas to Germany and China etc.

WTF? I come back to this thread after some days of absense, and find all this nonsense picking anything I say apart??

FFS you seem to argue the toss with me all the time when you know I’m right, and delight in picking apart anything I say if there is any hint of “not court testable” in it…?

No wonder so many former proliferate posters - have quit this forum!! :frowning:

My bill could have been that high because of other factors that I’d failed to notice… Not the same as Bully’s Bull though - is it?

Now tell me that you’re totally ready and expecting the looming hike in energy prices due any hour now…

“Oh, s’ok - I’ve got loadsamoney, I only vote Labour, push against Brexit, and moan about the Tory Government being only for the Rich when I don’t count myself among them”.
f…in’ hypocrites! :imp: :angry:

@Carryfast. Gas is still 500% cheaper than electric.
With more being planned to force the change to unaffordable, anything but green, electric for us so they can export more of our gas to Germany and China etc.

There are proposals afoot to change the ways we tax all fossil fuels, They’ve traditionally been taxed by volume but they want to change that way of taxation to taxation by energy & what emissions they produce. euractiv.com/section/energy … itors-say/

If only we had something under our very own country that could be burned to generate electricity for generations to come and some existing power stations to burn it in eh?

On that subject how many coal fired power stations have been dismantled or permanently destroyed since the clever Tories (not as the other bunch of misfits have a clue either) decided that being self sufficient n power production was evil.
Didn’t anyone have the sense to mothball the bloody things just in case the situation changed or would that go against orders from whoever is really calling the shots, there used to be consequences for such acts of treachery.
Jesus wept.

Winseer:
No wonder so many former proliferate posters - have quit this forum!! :frowning:

I suspect it might have more to do with being presented with page after page of wibble, much of it at best misguided, every time certain types of subject matter are discussed, which results in a quote-fest with ever-increasing message sizes.

But at least, unlike the poor cat, at least you get to speak in your own defence :wink:

Roymondo:

Winseer:

I suspect it might have more to do with being presented with page after page of wibble, much of it at best misguided, every time certain types of subject matter are discussed, which results in a quote-fest with ever-increasing message sizes.

But at least, unlike the poor cat, at least you get to speak in your own defence :wink:

If FELIS-dexterous-(winseeri) is the culprit, we can expect it to be OK on a keyboard can`t we?
We can all expect a rise in TNUK standards soon.

Bloomin’ 'eck Price cap up 54% & bills will be going up by £693 from April. :imp:

lancpudn:
@Carryfast. Gas is still 500% cheaper than electric.

There are proposals afoot to change the ways we tax all fossil fuels, They’ve traditionally been taxed by volume but they want to change that way of taxation to taxation by energy & what emissions they produce. euractiv.com/section/energy … itors-say/

The consumer and age lobby are complaining now that people can’t afford to heat their homes at 4p per kWh.
Good luck with equalising gas and electric at 26p per kWh.
The choice between freezing and bankruptcy v 0.04% CO2 will be a no brainer and no one voted for any Climate ■■■■ auditors.

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
Blimey! The utility companies are falling like nine pins & looks like quite a few more before the end of the year reading this piece. :open_mouth: standard.co.uk/news/uk/ofge … 3.html?amp

Falling more like running and don’t look back because they know that an all electric future is economically unviable for their customers and who gets left with the defaults on bills. When no one can afford Boris’ utopia at 18p per kwh for their heating cooking and transport needs.
The latest glossy advert stating that all our electric is ‘renewable’ with the disclaimer that it all comes from the same grid.So that obviously includes nuclear and biomass ( trees ) when they aren’t burning gas and coal.
Best plan is to unsign the Kyoto agreements PDQ and start arresting the ‘climate’ demonstrators and their rabble rousers like Ed Davey as subversives working for the interests of foreign hostile powers.At least that’s what any sensible government would do.

They’re calling for all Paris accord members to redouble their efforts as most countries are way behind where they should be :open_mouth: The Glasgow COP26 in November will be interesting, The 2025 Euro Cat 7 has gone back to the drawing board for more stringent reductions in emissions and will be revealed then. :open_mouth: edie.net/news/9/UN–Climate … Agreement/

Stringent measures making us dependent on anything but green nuclear and biomass electric at 26p per kWh.
So that they can export all of our cheap safe gas.
The fact is pure economics will consign the Paris accord to the bin.
While CO2 is good it’s how the planet gets its Oxygen and the climate scammers know it.
Telling us that CO2 is bad while burning trees for energy who are they trying to fool.

youtube.com/watch?v=oPqxQz-dqZY

They are blaming the 5% profit margin when it’s clear the it’s the 10% + VAT carbon tax which is the elephant in the room.
In addition to openly stating an intention to further artificially equalise gas and electric prices.
These climate scammers are insulting our intelligence.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -rise.html

lancpudn:
Bloomin’ 'eck Price cap up 54% & bills will be going up by £693 from April. :imp:

Looks like that warm coat I bought in the sales is going to come in handy soon.

fodenway:

lancpudn:

Looks like that warm coat I bought in the sales is going to come in handy soon.

Yeah I think I’ll be using my old ■■■■■ concessionary travel pass a whole lot more too after looking at Decembers electric bill on the smart meter tablet.
Our daughter used our EV for the whole month of December whilst her car was in for major expensive repairs, It was on charge overnight every night for the whole month, It’s the same as boiling a kettle continuously for eight hours at a time :open_mouth: She does way more mileage than my missus & me commuting to work & back & everywhere in between. That was one expensive month over the usual bill. :cry:

lancpudn:
Our daughter used our EV for the whole month of December whilst her car was in for major expensive repairs, It was on charge overnight every night for the whole month, It’s the same as boiling a kettle continuously for eight hours at a time :open_mouth: She does way more mileage than my missus & me commuting to work & back & everywhere in between. That was one expensive month over the usual bill. :cry:

I’m guessing that wasn’t charged at the full fat 26p per kWh let alone + road fuel duty + 20% VAT.
What were the specific figures over and above the usual month.
The whole EV and all electric scam is based on smoke and mirrors and bent figures that won’t match real world bills.
Including the lie that heat pumps will put out more heat energy than is put in.
My bet would be an even colder house than at present using the gas boiler for 4 hours per day.
The whole climate scam is a ■■■■ take.

Warning- Contains Brexit!
U.K. prices up 54%?
During Brexit we were told that it was impossible to drop vat on fuel because of EU regs. Promises were made and broken.
itv.com/news/2022-01-05/pm- … t-he-would
Currently some EU countries are dropping fuel tax, all within the EU rules. We are outside now and still aren’t!
France, are upping their fuel prices by… not 54% but 4%.
More explanation here.
youtu.be/j3yGVkc9kyw

Annual accounts for Shell and BP have been announced recently.I know there are all sorts of issues involved,but they aren’t struggling to make a profit.Wait for the supermarkets to announce their record profits in the near future.

Gidders:
Annual accounts for Shell and BP have been announced recently.I know there are all sorts of issues involved,but they aren’t struggling to make a profit.Wait for the supermarkets to announce their record profits in the near future.

The profit margin on gas is 5%.
As opposed to 10% carbon tax and 5% VAT on the carbon tax.

Franglais:
Warning- Contains Brexit!
U.K. prices up 54%?
During Brexit we were told that it was impossible to drop vat on fuel because of EU regs. Promises were made and broken.
itv.com/news/2022-01-05/pm- … t-he-would
Currently some EU countries are dropping fuel tax, all within the EU rules. We are outside now and still aren’t!
France, are upping their fuel prices by… not 54% but 4%.
More explanation here.
youtu.be/j3yGVkc9kyw

The truth is that Europe is being subsidised with cheap Russian and UK gas while telling us that we have to go all electric at 26p per kWh.
Which explains carbon taxes for us while our gas exports have doubled.