HIAB

Hiya

Whilst waiting for my licence to turn up I thought I might consider doing a HIAB course. Financially there it the oppourtunity to do so. One agency told me that they regularly have 4-5 HIAB jobs but only 2 registered drivers, which does indicate there is a need for them.

What do you think? Is it worth getting it. I think the course is about £200 for the ‘stick and remote’ licence.

For £200 I could afford it, within reason, and if it then means I am more employable (especially during the quieter times of the year) then surely it’s a good investment? :unamused: :unamused:

I’ve already been told that some companies won’t touch me unless I can show them a copy (and let them photocopy it) of my licence.

£200 is a good price. I was quoted £800 odds for 5 day course which was £400 odds since I done me class 1 with them.

I started in me current place 6 months ago but they only take ppl on who have held their licence for min 2 years. I think when i got class 1, 6 weeks ago they already know me so the 2 years min went out the window.

Every day/night they do photocopy both parts of my licence so you will need it back from dvla asap.

I’ve also found with some companies that when there desperate some rules don’t matter and the agency your with does make a difference. Im on my third agency and am now very happy with them.

Good luck

Hi

I did mine and it seemed to make a differance to how much work I was offered!

The most popular types you need are “Brick Grab”, “Bucket” and “Remote”.

Let us know how it goes?

So is there a ‘main’ HIAB licence or are there lots of varieties? And will one ‘ticket’ cover all as with the IPAF where I was ‘familiarised’ on different models…

The one to have is ALLMI although there are others.

This I discovered from talking to agencys and the company who did my training.