HIAB training

Im interested in getting my HIAB certificate. Can any of you guys let me know if its worth doing. Is it difficult,how much and is it a day long thing or does it take longer. Im from luton so if anyone knows of any good training round my way, it would be much appreciated.

don’t know your area but the the ticket is easy enough to get, in theory if you can already use a crane it’s only a couple of hours, basically you show you can load and unload something off the wagon, then do the same with a banksman directing you as if you can’t see the load, then theres a bit of a written exam type thing which is a dodle. if you’ve never operated one then i suppose it depends how quickly you pick it up as to how long your on the coarse.

YES! lol Its dead easy to get, relatively cheap and you can instantly go for jobs that pay more :slight_smile:

I got mine just over a year ago while on agency and they had me out doing hiab work over 90% of the time, which of course is a better hourly rate. It paid for itself in the long run.

My ADR on the other hand… I never really used it that much so its just an expensive piece of paper and an extra line on my CV.

Definetly sounds worthwhile getting it. Ive no idea where the training is around this area tho,or how much it costs still so if anyone knows can they let me know

i know a babe who will flog you a course in Edinburgh