Hiab questions on unloading

hello,hope this in the right section
if you have to sling pallets,after putting the slings thru the pallet , do you connect the slings on the inside of the grab and squeeze the load or the slings on the out side and hold the slings apart.

thanks tony

I’d have thought on the outside of the grab would be best, the slings will find their level and you won’t damage the pallet contents.

That said I stand to be corrected by somone who actually does the job, I just sling my hook as it were.

hey. i find both are fine to be honest. but i usually put them on the inside

I generally put them on the inside but I don’t think it really matters, as long as there’s no friction on the sling that could cause it to fray. I never “squeeze” (I presume you mean physically clamp) a load that’s slinged.
One thing I do though is attach the loops to the uppermost shackles/hooks of the grab. Less chance of it swinging about and it keeps the centre of gravity down.

on squeezing ,i mean putting the slings on the inside of the clamp and bringing the clamp together,so squeezing the slings and putting pressure on the load,cement and loose bricks wrapped with celaphane on crappy worn pallets are my worse