HIAB- Pictures & explanations of controls

Hi
I’ve not been using the HIAB for too long, about 5-6 months. I’ve still got things to learn but thought i would share some pictures with some explanations of the levers etc. Most of it is pretty obvious but may be of help to someone who is new to it.

Firstly…How the vehicle should be during transit and on arrival to a site. Make sure the crane is as flat as it can be, if the knuckle between arm 1 & 2 is bent, then the overall height of the vehicle is going to be higher.

M.jpg

Make sure the wheels are straight as can be, then drop the suspension using the controller pictured. Some cranes do this automatically once PTO is engaged. Keeping the wheels straight will add to the stability.

Now engage the PTO (power take off). Use the clutch as your actually engaging a gear. The crane will now be in operation. If the crane is in the air and you take the PTO out, a warning sound will go off to notify you that the crane is not stowed away correctly.

You will now use the panel on the side of the crane to put your stabilisers out…i forgot to take a photo of these :blush: :blush:
Put a pad under the feet, especially on soft ground. The key in the picture needs to be set to the LEG icon in order to operate them.

Now you can switch the key over to the signal position and the remote is now the control.

Hope this is of some help to someone.
Ben

P.S was my last day there today…start new job tomorrow in a Scania, will post some pics if i get time :grimacing:

Probly in the wrong place but didn’t no where to start just got a new lorry with a epsilon 125 the levers are the wrong way round to wat I have been used to does anybody no if they can be changed and if so wat is involved thank u