HIAB Licence

Need some help people, i used to work for a building supplies company delevering goods useing a hiab , anyway i left about 2 year ago and now have a chance of a job using a hiab , although i have no paper work to say i have taken a test etc . i rang my old company asking for my licence or a copy of it and was told that as it was in house training the licence was not transferable to another company and only for use within there company . Does anyone know if this is true?

Richardf1fan:
Need some help people, i used to work for a building supplies company delevering goods useing a hiab , anyway i left about 2 year ago and now have a chance of a job using a hiab , although i have no paper work to say i have taken a test etc . i rang my old company asking for my licence or a copy of it and was told that as it was in house training the licence was not transferable to another company and only for use within there company . Does anyone know if this is true?

Can you remember the name of the company the examiner worked for■■? Am sure if you explain the circumstances to the new/prospective employer a mutually convenient solution could be found?

I always thought that a HIAB used on public highways etc had to have a recognised certificate holder using it :question: :question:

Perhaps different if only used on own company land :question: :question:

ROG:
I always thought that a HIAB used on public highways etc had to have a recognised certificate holder using it :question: :question:

Perhaps different if only used on own company land :question: :question:

well i used to deliver building goods to houses , building sites etc , i did take a test but have no paperwork to say i have / had a licence . test was taken through the company , but there telling me i cant use that licence with another company. i cant remember the company that tested me or anything , so as things stand i dont now have a licence to use a HIAB.

I’d give ALLMI a call and check with them.

Napoleon88:
I’d give ALLMI a call and check with them.

i agree with napoleon88 i work for jewson but not on the cranes anymore still have licence and it is mine, i would be very surprised if it was not done buy any outside company on there behalf so give ALLMI a call .
or do you know someone who still works there that could give you some inside information :bulb: :bulb:

Richardf1fan:

You say that you have no paperwork to say that “i have taken a test”
Did you take a test ? if you did and passed, then surely you would have been issued with at least a NPORS licence.

I have known companies that put staff trough FLT tests but keep the certs in the office.

When the employee leaves, they usually refuse to hand over the certificate using the fact that they paid for it as a reason.

Darby Flyer:
I have known companies that put staff trough FLT tests but keep the certs in the office.

When the employee leaves, they usually refuse to hand over the certificate using the fact that they paid for it as a reason.

well it seems like this is what there done … or even destroyed it !

If you can remember when you did your test then I agree with napolean speak to ALLMI they are in Wiltshire they will replace your card if you did your test within the last 5 years and it was with one of there accredited members however they will charge for a replacement card about 20 pounds iirc
MOST building sites i have been on will ask to see your card before you can unload, And iirc you are not insured if you do not have a valid ticket for the type of HIAB you are about to use, ie you need to be certified if you unload bricks if using a GRAB etc. But a call to ALLMI will clear up all these points well worth a phone call, they can also put you in contact with a local trainer.

ONE LAST POINT IIRC IF YOUR TICKET IS FOR A 50T/MTR YOU CAN NOT USE A 65T/MTR UNLESS YOU ARE SUPERVISED SAME AS HGV LICENSE THE SAME WITH REMOTE CONTROL HIABS YOUR TICKET HAS RESTRICTIONS ON IT THE SAME AS YOUR HGV.