HIAB before Class 2?

Hi,

I signed up with a driving agency today to drive vans at the minute and 7.5t when my digi card comes through. Spoke to them about all sorts and everything but the guy reckoned they are crying out for HIAB drivers in the West Lothian area.

I can’t do my class 2 until my theory is done and out of the way (booked it today). Was wondering if there’s anything stopping me doing the HIAB training before getting my class 2?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gareth

gar374:
Hi,

I signed up with a driving agency today to drive vans at the minute and 7.5t when my digi card comes through. Spoke to them about all sorts and everything but the guy reckoned they are crying out for HIAB drivers in the West Lothian area.

I can’t do my class 2 until my theory is done and out of the way (booked it today). Was wondering if there’s anything stopping me doing the HIAB training before getting my class 2?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gareth

Don’t see why not. Some 7.5s come with hiab

I didn’t know that - I’ll go and see about prices - thanks mate.

Gareth

HIAB: Might be worth asking the question if HIAB course can be used as counted hours towards your CPC? I’m sure those in the know will be happy to help.

Just a thought!

macci:
HIAB: Might be worth asking the question if HIAB course can be used as counted hours towards your CPC? I’m sure those in the know will be happy to help.

Just a thought!

Yep, look for a JAUPT accredited trainer. Might find they’ll only class it as training towards your DCPC if you do two days (don’t know why but I’ve heard this several times) and it might be a bit pricier than other trainers.