Hiab and ADR courses

are these worth doin for a newbee??

well im a newbie passed c+e a few weeks back,and ive just taken my adr course this week.i personally think if you can afford it, the extra licenses must help,(well cant hurt) .Unfortunately didnt realise id have to wait 3 weeks to find out if i passed or not,so sat at home with fingers crossed waiting.

briandavies158:
are these worth doin for a newbee??

Research your local companies and see if there is a call for drivers with either of these qualifications - no point in paying to do them if they are of no use to anyone in your area.

Worth doing if you can get jobcentre or any one else to foot the bill also it could count towards the very necessary C.P.C.

The more you can offer an employer the better chance you have- if it’s the choice of you a newbee with all the licences and someone with experience driving but no hiab/adr then the employer may be willing to give you a chance, can’t do any harm in my opinion :smiley:

A moffatt course may be worth considering too.

Warren T. Claim:

what is a moffatt course and what is it used for??

briandavies158:

Warren T. Claim:

Its a lorry mounted forklift, used to self tip at drops. IIRC you have to get your C/B license then upgrade that to a moffat license so you’d have to do two courses, possibly you might have to do your reach flt test too before you can get your moffat, but i’m not too sure on that one

briandavies158:

Hi Brian,
A Moffett is a kind of forklift that is carried by a truck for use at the loading/unloading point.
They’re very useful in cases where it is known that there won’t be a forklift or labour to load/unload, so that qualification might be very useful indeed.
As already suggested though, I’d adivise that you do some local research first to see whether there’s a need for a particular skill in your area.

You can see examples of the subject of Moffetts if you :arrow_right: CLICK HERE

dieseldave:

briandavies158:

Hi Brian,
A Moffett is a kind of forklift that is carried by a truck for use at the loading/unloading point.
They’re very useful in cases where it is known that there won’t be a forklift or labour to load/unload, so that qualification might be very useful indeed.
As already suggested though, I’d adivise that you do some local research first to see whether there’s a need for a particular skill in your area.

You can see examples of the subject of Moffetts if you :arrow: CLICK HERE

hey thanks guys i’ll look into it with emerald. :smiley:

briandavies158:
hey thanks guys i’ll look into it with emerald. :smiley:

Would that be Emerald Training in Deeside ?

Yeah. can’t recomend them enough. They have arranged my ADR to start 01st june with JMD Training. Doin all my training with them. C+E , HIAB. The instructors at emerald are proffessional as well as a laugh. Highly recomend them.

briandavies158:
Yeah. can’t recomend them enough. They have arranged my ADR to start 01st june with JMD Training. Doin all my training with them. C+E , HIAB. The instructors at emerald are proffessional as well as a laugh. Highly recomend them.

EMERALD - thank you - ill add it to the recommended list :slight_smile:

briandavies158:
They have arranged my ADR to start 01st june with JMD Training.

Can you guess who your instructor will be?? :grimacing:

briandavies158:
They have arranged my ADR to start 01st june with JMD Training.

dieseldave:
Can you guess who your instructor will be?? :grimacing:

I was going to make a comment…

… but I want to live a little longer :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

well oh wise one :open_mouth: i will be the model student. what colour do you want your apple then. :grimacing: :smiley:

briandavies158:
well oh wise one :open_mouth: i will be the model student. what colour do you want your apple then. :grimacing: :smiley:

NO NO NO -
HOW BIG DO YOU WANT YOUR PIES !!! :wink:

steak and kidney or meat n potatoe?? :grimacing:

briandavies158:
steak and kidney or meat n potatoe?? :grimacing:

Hi Brian,

No need to bring pies or apples mate!!

All you need to bring is yourself and your driving licence. :smiley:

The boss has an arrangement with a catering firm, who sends a butty van to the classroom at lunchtime.
You’ll get a free baguette each day that you’re on the course, plus the opportunity to buy any extras that you might want such as pies, pop, crisps or extra butties.
Tea and coffee are also free and don’t come from a vending machine, cos you make your own. :grimacing:

Not all providers do that. :wink:

There’s some of the fun from a previous course :arrow_right: HERE

cool looking foreward to it . how long does it take to get the results back??