HI

Hiya

Just thought i would say hi, im new to all this, i have recently done my theory, and 2 days ago passed my cat C and will be doing my C+E next month.

im looking at taking a career break from my current job for 3 years to drive trucks and if i like it i will leave my current job, and i thought i would come in and introduce myself to your wonderful community.

Nice to meet you all and read your posts

so hi

Congratulations on the test pass and welcome to TruckNet.

Firebird:
Hiya

Just thought i would say hi, im new to all this, i have recently done my theory, and 2 days ago passed my cat C and will be doing my C+E next month.

im looking at taking a career break from my current job for 3 years to drive trucks and if i like it i will leave my current job, and i thought i would come in and introduce myself to your wonderful community.

Nice to meet you all and read your posts

so hi

Hi and how am ya? (I went to Brum once :wink: )

Seriously though, congrats on passing those tests, they aren’t easy.

Next, I seem to be one of the first to spot you on here , so WELCOME.

Now asking hesitantly: what career are you going to swop for the big-wheels and Yorkie bars :question:

Congratulations and WELCOME TO TRUCKNET FIRE BIRD :smiley:
Klunk :sunglasses:

I didnt understand the black country speak! im from Birmingham lol,
i did take my test in Wolverhapton so taking directions from the yam yams ( no negative overtones honest) was quite difficult.

I had to take it twice cos the sexist examiner failed me, which i prob deserved but not the comments he made during the test, but passed second time! never mind!

Im currently a Police Officer, ( please dont beat me to hard), i have been in the job for 7 years, and looking for a break from it, i love driving and i have always wanted to drive an artic so im really excited about the move!

Thanks for making me feel welcome! :stuck_out_tongue:

Firebird:
I didnt understand the black country speak! im from Birmingham lol,
i did take my test in Wolverhapton so taking directions from the yam yams ( no negative overtones honest) was quite difficult.

No problem there, I was testing to see whether you’re a proper brummie- you passed that test as well!

Firebird:
I had to take it twice cos the sexist examiner failed me, which i prob deserved but not the comments he made during the test, but passed second time! never mind!

No disgrace in that. I needed two attempts as well.

Firebird:
Im currently a Police Officer, ( please dont beat me to hard), i have been in the job for 7 years, and looking for a break from it, i love driving and i have always wanted to drive an artic so im really excited about the move!

No disgrace in that either. I’ve trained police officers on LGV and ADR- I’ve never had a problem with them.

in fact they’re great to train, because when it’s question time they get the warning “anything you say can be taken down and laughed at” or “anything you say can be taken down, twisted around and used as evidence against you.” Also, because I’m very well mannered, I ALWAYS offer to help them down the stairs. That’s only fair, because their European colleagues did the same for me.

I’ll have you know that I’ve been carted off by some of Europe’s finest. Come to think of it, that’s given me an idea for an e-book to sell on eBay- Dave’s guide to the best places to stay in Europe. Read the Euro driver’s forum for further details.

lol i could tell you the caution but you would not be at your liberty! lol

and you should not be a truck driver more on a stage! (sweeping it) lol :laughing:

Firebird:
lol i could tell you the caution but you would not be at your liberty! lol

and you should not be a truck driver more on a stage! (sweeping it) lol :laughing:

I have a friend, who is a PC of 25 years standing, that’s how I know some police type lingo and other odds and sods. I also know a PC who has the same dangerous goods qualification as myself.

You also mentioned the stage and sweeping it. I did work on the stage, so to say, for a while in the late 70’s. In your area, I remember “Barbarella’s,” and in Dudley, I remember JB’s near the motorbike shop. I was a roadie for rock and roll bands before I took my HGV1.

There was one other place, and I’d thank you profusely if you could tell me the name of it please. It was in the city centre, there was a vehicle tax office nearby, it was a largish building and the show we did was put on by BRMB radio. Sorry if that’s insufficient info, but it’s all I can remember. (Even if you keep hitting me with that wet towel!) Honestly, though that’s been bugging me for some time now. Maybe someone else might step in, I’m sure somebody on here knows.

Welcome Firebird
I am supprised that you did not do your LGV within the force for free or was there no opportunities in your area?
Well done on your C pass and have fun when you do the wiggley one :exclamation:

Hi Rog unfortunately the force no longer supports HGV training, they stopped some years ago in most forces, taking on outside agencies to collect and deal with HGV’s, the only people they did have were for the horses which were disbanded about 8 years ago! shame!

Nice to meet you, and dave the only thing i can think of is the back of Broad St and the NIA or the NEC! both very large :stuck_out_tongue:

Firebird:
Hi Rog unfortunately the force no longer supports HGV training, they stopped some years ago in most forces, taking on outside agencies to collect and deal with HGV’s, the only people they did have were for the horses which were disbanded about 8 years ago! shame!

Leicestershire must be one of the lucky ones as I know the forces’ DSA LGV examiner

Im in the wrong force :unamused:

But hey hopefully wont have to worry about that for much longer :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Firebird!

Welcome aboard!

Congratulations on the class 2.

Good luck with the class 1!!

Lots of updates!! Please :smiley:

Hi Firebird welcome to Tnet.

Hopefully it will be intresting whether you go back into the Force, with a new insight on life, or decide stick at truck driving.

The sexist thing will sometimes raise it’s head in this industry, but I’m sure being a copper has already equiped you to deal with that, but I’m sure you’ll find plenty of positive comments to go with that.

You would’nt be the first Police officer to end up driving truck, I used to work with an ex-detective. After a bit of a shaky start, trying to find his feet after many years in the force, he ended up as a really good driver and a good bloke to work with or have a beer with at the end of a days work.

Thanks for that, it is one thing i have thought about, it is not only changing your job but who you are, who you have become!

Im under no illusion i will never loose my coppers nose, but i hope the freedom of truck driving will be a breath of fresh air!

Its awesome how everone here welcomes you, and i thank you all for it, yes i have had my fair share of sexism in the force, as have many people from both sexes, so its nothing new.

I aim to be professional but have a laugh and get the job done with a smile on my face!

I have realised during training tho that with the stiff gearboxes i may have to drive a left hand drive just to even out the muscles and tan on my arms! lol :laughing:

Hi firebird already said hi last night in the chat room just thought id give you a little welcome to TNUK present

:stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Firebird:
I have realised during training tho that with the stiff gearboxes i may have to drive a left hand drive just to even out the muscles and tan on my arms! lol :laughing:

I can see that from the picture you posted of yourself in the avatar :wink: :wink: