Hi Viz Trousers?

Due to my curtainsider technique of backing on the bay then pulling forward a bit and getting inside me curtains to undo the internal straps, I thought the other day this is a bit risky as I can’t really be seen very well by anyone who wants to back on the bay either side.

I was just wondering if anyone wears hi viz trousers (preferably ones with only one stripe, I’d rather not look more of a plonker than I already do) and if they could recommend any, although with summer coming I may need HI Viz socks for when the shorts come out…

i have to wear full hi viz oranges when delivering into new street station.

industrialworkwear.com/cat/w … c-trousers

they have a cheaper pair but they’re elastic waisted and have no pockets! mine above have lasted 2 years

Sounds like a lot of overkill to me but hey ho, health and safety comes first, regardless of it being stupid or not.

I doubt you’ll find ones with just one stripe. Don’t they have to have 2 bands to be compliant? Pointless making a pair with only 1 as there’s no point buying them.

Dipper_Dave:
Due to my curtainsider technique of backing on the bay then pulling forward a bit and getting inside me curtains to undo the internal straps, I thought the other day this is a bit risky as I can’t really be seen very well by anyone who wants to back on the bay either side.

I was just wondering if anyone wears hi viz trousers (preferably ones with only one stripe, I’d rather not look more of a plonker than I already do) and if they could recommend any, although with summer coming

I may need HI Viz socks for when the shorts come out…

I think i may have a pair of Slade socks in the drawer.
I"ll dig em out and you can have them :bulb: :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the info, I’m looking at a pair with the two stripes on probably in navy or black.
Just worried some bright spark at an RDC see’s me wearing these and thinks, thats intersting lets make it compulsory for everyone.

Suedehead:
I think i may have a pair of Slade socks in the drawer.
I"ll dig em out and you can have them :bulb: :stuck_out_tongue:

:slight_smile:. Sweeeet, if theres no short’s restriction at RDC’s I’m gettin the old legs out in the next few weeks.

I use them for trackside motorsport as a marshal.

Ken.

Dipper_Dave:
I’d rather not look more of a plonker than I already do) and if they could recommend any, although with summer coming I may need HI Viz socks for when the shorts come out…

Forget the socks on shorts days, brush this on your legs :bulb:

luminous paint.jpg
Also suggest this to your H&S crew and I will guarantee they will take it seriously :laughing:

Quinny:
I use them for trackside motorsport as a marshal.

Ken.

Cheers Ken, if its good enough for trackside should be OK for my needs.

robroy:
Also suggest this to your H&S crew and I will guarantee they will take it seriously :laughing:

:slight_smile: Definately going to mention that all drivers arriving at RDC’s in shorts have to apply a bit of this to their legs. Bring your own colours will also be allowed for those who want to get a bit artistic.

If a driver backing onto a bay either side of you is blind enough to scrape down the side of your trailer then I doubt he’ll even register the pair of orange legs hanging out of the curtain!

Dipper_Dave:
Thanks for the info, I’m looking at a pair with the two stripes on probably in navy or black.
Just worried some bright spark at an RDC see’s me wearing these and thinks, thats intersting lets make it compulsory for everyone.

You want to dress up as a binman?

m1cks:

Dipper_Dave:

You want to dress up as a binman?

My thoughts exactly! :laughing:

I may not have thought this through :blush:
Bin day by us and noticed the binmen had on exactly the trousers I was thinking of, not a problem though but may look into firemans trousers (so to speak) as the wife would also like that as well.

Dipper_Dave:
I may not have thought this through :blush:
Bin day by us and noticed the binmen had on exactly the trousers I was thinking of, not a problem though but may look into firemans trousers (so to speak) as the wife would also like that as well.

Make sure you buy said fireman a pint first :laughing:

the maoster:
If a driver backing onto a bay either side of you is blind enough to scrape down the side of your trailer then I doubt he’ll even register the pair of orange legs hanging out of the curtain!

Agree. Seems like complete overkill to me.

You have to wear them in most of the big quarry’s nowadays else they won’t let you in to load. And lace up boots.

my mate was unloading at some network rail place down south and he could not get in the place unless he had orange hi viz jacket and trousers plus lace up boots on …W.T.F… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: …gaffer said the usual hi viz colour aint brright enough …lol

That’d be all you nee, them round your ankles when your squatting in the layby… :open_mouth: