Hi there all the help needed to pass my class two licence

Hi there I am a 29 year old living in West Yorkshire looking to do my class 2. I have done my medical just revising for my theory hoping to do my theory test when I am confident I will pass just before end of this year. I also believe I would have to do mod 2 off cpc would I have to do this before I take my practical? will mod 3 be part of my driving test or would I have to do another exam to pass mod 3 ■■ So then I can move on to mod 4 I am also looking for a good school around my local area will travel if it’s not to far and has good pass rate can anybody recommend me any good ones and I have about 1000 pound saved up to do my class two lessons I have rang some company online they said that I can pay deposit and rest when I start some even train now pay later . I do not have a lot of money to pay that much and fail and if i was to fail what would happen then ? What are your views what sort of questions should I be asking my instructor? How hard is the reversing exercise in to a box (i have never driven a lorry) Was wondering what you guys had to say and where I could find a good driving school that will get me the pass and driving standards I need to pass dvsa test and to become a professional driver. All the information would be appreciated many thanks people.where would I get the experience so many people say that I would need two years driving experience before I would get a job how does that work.

Regards

Night driver :sunglasses:

No you don’t have to pass mod 2 and 4 before your practical test and the practical test is mod 3 the reverse into a bay I thought was easy whilst on training just take things slow and don’t rush and if you have a bad day training don’t worry just forget about it and brush it off no one can guarantee a pass that’s down to you on the day just try to keep your nerves under control don’t no any trainers near you but Welwyn lgv in hull was brilliant a passed c and c+e first time on both with them

Check out the link in my signature below as well as all the other stickies near the top of this forum

Two tips:

1. Avoid the brokers.

2. The rigid reversing test is a doddle, provided you’re reasonably competent at reversing a car. Your instructor will tell you exactly what you need to do (where to position yourself at the start, etc.) and it’s pretty much a case of “join the dots”. If you want to get some practice in, you can do a similar manoeuvre in the car, as follows:

• Find an empty car park. A supermarket after 4/5pm on a Sunday is a good bet.
  • Find two rows of parking spaces facing each other.
  • Park forwards into one bay.
  • From that bay, reverse back into a bay in the other row, but not the bay immediately behind you - you need to choose the one to the left (passenger side) of that. Make sure you get into that bay in one go, without touching any of the lines of that bay (you’ll need to drive over the lines of the first bay; don’t worry about that).

It’s not perfect, but it gives you a reasonable idea of what you’ll be expected to do.

Class C reverse is 10 times easier than car reverse.

Would just like to thank everybody who replied to my post means alot will help me and 100 of others that are in the same boat as me wanting to take the leap. This day and age it’s hard nobody wants to be ripped off everybody is out to rip you off ! thanks to mami, Mr fible, rog, Sam and Pete for your views and advise. I look forward to passing my theory so that I can take the leap jump in the seat where all u are, be on the road to start a new career in driving and work my way up thanks. I will try that reversing in to a car park by will give me the confidence to do it when I am behind the wheel of 7.5t. IT means a lot to me , (people who are in the same boat as me) that will see this it will make a big difference to me and everyone that reads this u should be proud of your self to wanting to help a novice ( taking a minute or two to type a few lines) Long live truckers dot net. IF anybody can recommend any good driving schools in West Yorkshire or even Yorkshire that would be appreciated Thanks guys drive and be safe

Here’s the diagram of the reversing exercise.

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … iagram.pdf

You start off in the bottom right, by the letter Z.

You drive straight forwards, stopping with the front of the truck on the line between cones A and A1. Tip: Position yourself as close to cone A as you can. There will be a mirror above the passenger window, looking straight down. You can use this to tell you where to stop.

Engage reverse.

As soon as you start moving, go straight to left lock.

Lean out your window, looking straight down at your front wheel. Keep going back until the wheel approaches the line. When it does, take off enough left lock so that the wheel runs parallel to the line.

Keep going back with your right front wheel running parallel to the line (but a few inches away), adding more lock as you go to keep them parallel, until you can see cone B in the driver’s side mirror.

When you can see cone B, look beyond to the box - can you see cone C (it has a pole in it like cone B)? Keep the lock on until you can just see the cone on the left of cone C.

Once you can see the cone to the left of C, straighten up.

Now it’s just a case of going back and putting on right lock to turn it into the bay, keeping cone C in your driver’s mirror, and moving the one to the left of it into your passenger mirror (and keeping it there). This is essentially no different to parking into a normal car parking space, just with a longer, wider vehicle. On the plus side, the bay is one-and-a-half times the width of your vehicle, so you should have more than half a metre either side to play with, whereas car park bays are much tighter.

The last thing to do is to stop with the back of the vehicle inside the black hatched area. Your instructor will give you a “cheat” to tell you how to know when you stop. It might be to line up a marking on the side of the truck with the edge of the box, or something like that, or they might even have a reversing camera fitted.

IMPORTANT POINT: during all of the above, you need to keep doing all-round observation, especially during the “front-wheel-follows-the-line” bit, where it’s very tempting to just keep leaning out the window looking at the front wheel. During this part, it’s a good idea to stop completely whilst you’re looking around - partly because it means that you won’t go over the line without noticing, and partly because it demonstrates to the examiner that you’re consciously making all-round observations.

Hopefully you can see how you could try this out in an empty car park. You won’t have the cones (in particular cone B, since cones A and A1 are basically the bay you’re starting from, and the ones around C are the bay you’re aiming for), and you won’t be able to do the “front wheel follows the line” stuff (since you’ll have to cross the line anyway, and the geometry of a car is all wrong), but you can at least practice aiming for the box and getting in without touching the lines. You might need to adjust your wing mirrors to point down a bit more, though, so that you can see the parking bay lines.

Thank you Mr fibble very much appreciated… love how u have gone in to so much details I have looked at videos on you tube and still there is no where as near in depth as to how u have described it and put it in to words I will print a copy of this page and take it with me when I go to practising this reversing exercise really appericate the time and effort pal and will be doing just as u have described it thank you very much sir.

Mr. Fibble has given a good explanation of the reversing exercise. But, to keep it in perspective, it’s normally cracked within 10 minutes and then practiced about 5 minutes a day. It’s really not difficult if explained properly.

There’s much more interesting stuff to worry about!!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Mr. Fibble has given a good explanation of the reversing exercise. But, to keep it in perspective, it’s normally cracked within 10 minutes and then practised about 5 minutes a day. It’s really not difficult if explained properly.

There’s much more interesting stuff to worry about!!!

True, but then again, the OP did ask… :wink:

As I said before, it should be a doddle, provided you’re reasonably competent at reversing a car.

The same exercise for C+E, on the other hand, is a whole different ball game… :sunglasses:

I’d be interested to know the %age failure rates on the reversing exercise for C vs C+E.

I couldn’t get the hang of it for the first to day’s c+e but on the 3rd day it just clicked and didn’t find it difficult again test day went in like a dream

True, but then again, the OP did ask… :wink:

I wasn’t being critical - quite the opposite. But folks do worry too much about reversing. The equation is simple: good trainer, properly marked area (there’s another thread at the moment that talks about an unsurfaced, unmarked practice area) and job’s a good’n.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

You need to look at a few different providers go visit them ask questions see how you feel about giving them your money

Depends where in Yorkshire as it is a big county depends how far you wish to travel

!st call would be Tockworth Training

2nd would be Peter Smyth