Hi me again best atlas to buy

could some of you great blokes and nice ladies tell me which is the best atlas to buy i found 2 please check them out for me 3 different links below thank you
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/074955262X/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=266239&s=books
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/0749549874/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=266239&s=books
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/0749541717/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=266239&s=books[

that’s three different ones, not two :wink:

there’s also THIS which is good or even a sat-nav :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’d ignore the standard AA and go for either of the others depending on what you’re doing (the AA Close up and the Phillips navigator are quite heavy
You might want to read THIS before spending any money ( I’ve got to check mine tomorrow)

I use several, a Phillips navigators , both AA truckers ones, a few Phillips street atlases, M$ Autoroute and Streetmap.co.uk

:smiley: i have the AA close up truckers atlas got it on ebay from a shop, very good allthough qute big, has a even bigger section on central london, very good i plan my route on paper but also use the aid of a satnav when close by. :wink:

i use a sat nav when i dont know where im going only down side is sometimes the roads change and the sat nav dont know, neither will the map though :laughing:

Don’t get ahead of yourself buying things that you may never need.

I’ve never had a Bridge Height map and the one and only time that I ever needed to consult one, I simply stooped at a Services and leafed through it.

It all depends on what work you are on. The majority of ‘fridge work’ to RDC’s tends to be 4 metres or just above, and they will provide ‘line drawing’ maps of the route. We also use ‘double deckers’ at about 15’ 9" but these tend to be on set routes.

Most Petrol Stations on the periphery of conurbations will normally have an ‘in house’ local map. What they hate is the individual that sidles in and then leafs through their pristine stock. They would much rather that you ‘ask’ and then perhaps purchase a bar of chocolate or some chewing gum.

Over time, you tend to learn to remember bridge heights and which routes are negotiable and which are not.

After all, if you finish up with a job delivering building materials within a local radius, then bridge heights for the whole of the U.K. would become irrelevant.

If I recall " gothika " intends to be a Sat-Nav man

In which case, any of the “low Bridge’s” POA databases (costing about £5)

with alert set to 6000 ft
Supremented by Mark One Eyeball ( yes low Bridge’s are usually signposted )

Should be more than satisfactory // Maps are great for route planning
and great for getting you nicked for Driving without Due Care and Attention
( should Mr Plod see you holding one while not Parked
ps: same applies to entering commands into your Sat-Nav )

PS: why " 6000ft "

Well when doing 50Mph
The warning (pings & Alert messages) begin 1min 12seconds before the hazzard

At 40, its a whole Minute & a Half advance warning.

Usually enough time to pull over and consult a map

Regards 2xQ

PPS: "yes low Bridge’s are usually signposted "

Reason for making that statment is,
I know of 1 thats about 250yards down a narrow private access road
located on a bend, on only acess route to a small Trading Estate in South London
( 13ft SOMETHING, at occassion of 1st visit, NOT marked/posted at all )

Access required to Plumbing supplier located in small yard at far end
(my 13’2 box wagon, just (and I mean JUST, like creeping forward carefully,
and getting out to check clearence multiple times)
managed to pass under it … !!

Reversing out, NOT realy an option (without a bankman, and 2 way radio)
as greenery foiling mirrors.

regards 2xQ

PS: since I complained about lack off / missing markings
I notied on second visit, they had been re-instated
(at least on the bridge its self, Not entrance to access road)
The hight is 13ft 6"
The Trading Estate highlighted here is:
The Rainbow Trading Estate ( Bushy Park ) London
( Just off Grand Drive, next to “Raynes Park” Tube Station )