HI HO HI HO its back to work on Monday

Thank god for that been stuck in the house all week bored out of my skull. They call it a holiday you must take before 31 dec they have stopped us taking holidays and then working them. I am more tired today than if i would have just finished my weeks works :laughing:
Who would like to be able to work some of there holidays if they did not need them ? all i need is 2 weeks in the summer so i would rather work the other 3 weeks and get double bubble but now they say NO can do :frowning: :frowning:

at the place i worked they stopped you selling your holidays as one xmas they laid off 30 workers, some of the ones who wernt laid of tried to sell there holiday[up to 3 weeks] whilst there mates were laid off.
if theyd taken there holidays then the firm would have had to bring some of those workers back in to cover for the others being on holiday.
i was on a works commitee at the time and tried to explain to the blokes who wanted to sell there holidays how it affected there fellow workers,some geniully didnt realise and straight away told the boss they wanted holidays not pay, some said they couldnt give a ā– ā– ā– ā–  about who was laid of , they wanted the money.
i resigned that day, just couldnt believe how self centred some folks could be, it ended alot of good freindships ,folks laid off ,they could help them but couldnt give a ā– ā– ā– ā– 
the boss saw sense in the end and made every one take there holidays who were due them, after that if you didnt take them you lost them.
thank god ive never been in a situation where ive wanted or needed to sell my holiday

all the years people have fought for a decent holiday entitlement to spend with family or simply recouperate from work or even catch up on jobs needed in the house and you want to sell them back to the company :open_mouth: . sorry mate but most of your posts are ok but this one beggers belief . :unamused:
enjoy the break, do other things get out an about but dont give up (cos thats what will happen) you holidays.
after awhile gaffers will be saying we dont need/deserve/want them and will cut them back to the bone
I FOR ONE WILL NOT BE PLEASED IF THEY TRY THAT. :frowning: :frowning:

gezt:
all the years people have fought for a decent holiday entitlement to spend with family or simply recouperate from work or even catch up on jobs needed in the house and you want to sell them back to the company :open_mouth: . sorry mate but most of your posts are ok but this one beggers belief . :unamused:
enjoy the break, do other things get out an about but dont give up (cos thats what will happen) you holidays.
after awhile gaffers will be saying we dont need/deserve/want them and will cut them back to the bone
I FOR ONE WILL NOT BE PLEASED IF THEY TRY THAT. :frowning: :frowning:

I get 5 weeks a year plus bank hols. The thing is i like my job its a easy job 45 max hour a week 42 is the norm.I have a vary keen dad in law who takes care of all the jobs around the home and when i go away in the summer for my 2 weeks i like to have as much money sa poss even if it mean working the other 3 weeks of my hols so i earn double wage thats an extra Ā£1000.00 to take with me to spain. But that just me :laughing: :wink:

Big ā– ā– ā– ā– :
Thank god for that been stuck in the house all week bored out of my skull. They call it a holiday you must take before 31 dec they have stopped us taking holidays and then working them. I am more tired today than if i would have just finished my weeks works :laughing:
Who would like to be able to work some of there holidays if they did not need them ? all i need is 2 weeks in the summer so i would rather work the other 3 weeks and get double bubble but now they say NO can do :frowning: :frowning:

I enjoy my job and i enjoy going to work. I like my time off even better !!! What do you do with your ā€œdouble bubbleā€ when you get it if all you do is just go to work the same as any other week?

Mike-C:

Big ā– ā– ā– ā– :

I enjoy my job and i enjoy going to work. I like my time off even better !!! What do you do with your ā€œdouble bubbleā€ when you get it if all you do is just go to work the same as any other week?

well i book a holiday say for a week then tell them i will work it that gives me 2 weeks wages in one week do that 3 time and i have a extra Ā£1,200 towards my holiday in spain and now they wont let me do that i will do agency work in my holidays :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Big ā– ā– ā– ā– :

Mike-C:

Big ā– ā– ā– ā– :

well i book a holiday say for a week then tell them i will work it that gives me 2 weeks wages in one week do that 3 time and i have a extra Ā£1,200 towards my holiday in spain and now they wont let me do that i will do agency work in my holidays :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

An extra Ā£1,200 to spend in Spain? You must have a right ball. The best of everything iā€™m guessing. Good luck to ya, and you work all year to look forward to these two weeks? Cherish them !!!

Big ā– ā– ā– ā– :

Its not the companies that have changed things, its the government.

Mike-C said:

An extra Ā£1,200 to spend in Spain? You must have a right ball. The best of everything iā€™m guessing. Good luck to ya, and you work all year to look forward to these two weeks? Cherish them !!!

I was just thinking the same thing. An extra Ā£1200 to spend in Spain. My God, if i was spending that kinda brass on a holiday iā€™d be somewhere much more interesting/exotic. I just did 2 weeks in Thailand for Ā£1400 inc. flight.

Sorry the wife does not fly so we have to take the ferry from portsmouth and we dont slum it in hotels with screeming kids thats not us . We hire a villa with own pool its so peaceful. We dont go on holiday to watch the pennies we go to spend spend spend weather we r holidaying in europe or the uk :sunglasses:

Each to their own. Different horses for different courses. But Spain :unamused: Blackpool with pensioners & more sunshine.

BS, seriously, just wondered if the wife is aware most of the major airlines run courses for people with fear of flying? Classroom based initially, then a short flightā€¦ everybody in the same boat (plane?). The success rate is high.
It is far, far safer, on a passenger per mile basis, than driving down your local roads.

Big ā– ā– ā– ā– :
Sorry the wife does not fly so we have to take the ferry from portsmouth and we dont slum it in hotels with screeming kids thats not us . We hire a villa with own pool its so peaceful. We dont go on holiday to watch the pennies we go to spend spend spend weather we r holidaying in europe or the uk :sunglasses:

Yeah, good on yer mate. Looks like youā€™ve got it sussed. Iā€™m liking the sound of that. So what do ya reckon, take ya holidays and then get a weeks agency work for an extra few bob? I know what youā€™re saying, its like doubling your weeks wage so you have a few more bob for the annual fortnights holiday? Iā€™m gonna try that myself now. I could do with a few extra bob to spend when iā€™m away. I know what youā€™re saying though, it makes no sense to be off work on holiday and not earning you might as well get a bit extra in and then make your main holiday well better? I couldnā€™t be doing with screaming kids either, thats not us too. Pool and a villa , its the only way to go !!!

Big ā– ā– ā– ā– :

On holiday yet ā€œstuck in the house all weekā€ bored out of your skull, and youā€™re glad to be back at work next Monday!

Geezzuussā€¦thatā€™s sad! You must lead a boring mundane life.

:unamused: :unamused:

PS; Merry Xmas when it comes, but donā€™t forget to ask the boss if thereā€™s a shift going on the 25th.

Iā€™m going to work tomorrow (Sunday) and will be out til tuesday, but Iā€™ve already used my annual leave for the year. Iā€™ve also volunteered for any other work we get between now and New Year. I like time off, but would rather have it in the Summer.

Driveroneuk:
Each to their own. Different horses for different courses. But Spain :unamused: Blackpool with pensioners & more sunshine.

BS, seriously, just wondered if the wife is aware most of the major airlines run courses for people with fear of flying? Classroom based initially, then a short flightā€¦ everybody in the same boat (plane?). The success rate is high.
It is far, far safer, on a passenger per mile basis, than driving down your local roads.

I have tried a lot of things to get her on a plane we even went over to easy jet luton airport so she could have a little sit on a air bus plane but we only got to the steps leading up to the plane and she lost it the easy jet staff were very understanding and i left it to them but it did not work wot i wanted to do is get her to fly from luton to scotland but her bottle went as soon as start talking about it so its the ferries im afraid we lose a few days with the traveling but we still have a nice time :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Just fill her up with Rohypnol beforehand, sheā€™ll be fine :wink:

Mike-C:

Big ā– ā– ā– ā– :

Yeah, good on yer mate. Looks like youā€™ve got it sussed. Iā€™m liking the sound of that. So what do ya reckon, take ya holidays and then get a weeks agency work for an extra few bob? I know what youā€™re saying, its like doubling your weeks wage so you have a few more bob for the annual fortnights holiday? Iā€™m gonna try that myself now. I could do with a few extra bob to spend when iā€™m away. I know what youā€™re saying though, it makes no sense to be off work on holiday and not earning you might as well get a bit extra in and then make your main holiday well better? I couldnā€™t be doing with screaming kids either, thats not us too. Pool and a villa , its the only way to go !!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: rofl

you ā– ā– ā– ā–  taker.

Harry Monk:
Iā€™m going to work tomorrow (Sunday) and will be out til tuesday, but Iā€™ve already used my annual leave for the year. Iā€™ve also volunteered for any other work we get between now and New Year. I like time off, but would rather have it in the Summer.

Thank you Harry nothing like drinking beer in the 90s sunshine beside your own pool . I work hard all year long giving up winter holidays to work so i can have at least 2 weeks in the hot sun and we dont have to watch the pennies.Looking forward to it alreadly :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

good on yer. enjoy your sunshine I would. i used to be a plumber loved the money but hated the job. now im a truck driver its the other way around how hard is it to sit on your bum all day and listen to the radio and look at women donā€™t diss the man for wanting a few more beer tokens

Harry Monk:

I agree with you, why join the heard? Take your time off when YOU want it. :slight_smile: