Hi from another Newbie!

Hi Guys an Girls !

Whilst waiting for my provisional entitlement to come through and cramming in the revision on the theory and hazard perception , I’ve already started to call round local businesses and see if they are taking on. I had a good chat with the TM at one local firm in particular (top 100) and he confirmed that they were expanding and would give a new driver a chance, so hopefully I’ve left a good impression already as he said "ask for me and remind me of our conversation, (which was quite funny ref a particular local town).

It just got me wondering, how many people are proactive when it comes to getting their name around before they pass ? Yes I know there is no guarantee of passing or a job but better than being reactive.

Ive got my Trainer sorted in the back of my mind, will confirm when having a few assessments and funds will be in place to do both tests after each other. (is that a good idea?)

I currently run a small business that is struggling in the current climate, so I’ve nothing to loose and everything to gain in following a life long ambition.

Good luck to all in a similar position !

Feed back welcomed.

Regards,

Willym

Herro! Welcome to TNUK, stay alert, trust nobody.

Personally, I didn’t bother looking for work until after I’d passed all the tests. It’s much easier to find someone willing to give you that first chance when you turn with a licence rather than turning up without one, but if that’s what you want to do then fair play to you. Crack on.

You sound as if you’ve got it all planned out fella so best of luck.

I’d deffo do them back to back as you are indeed planning to do.
I spent nearly 2 years in a Rigid before going for my C+E and it was a mare the first couple of days due to the bad habits I’d picked up along the way.

Well at least that’s encouraging to know ! Thanks for the reply.

The other questions I have are with regards to interviews !

I’ve been in sales for around 20 years, so I have the kind of attitude that every closed door is one nearer to the opened door. What I was wondering is obviously there is plenty of competition for jobs these days. So during previous sales interviews I would normally use that time to sell myself and the benefits of employing me over other candidates, is it worth talking about my customer service experience etc, to ever come my obvious lack of driving experience ? As no doubt you are representing the company at the forefront. I would also ask the question at the end of the interview, “so from what you’ve seen so far, would you have any objections to employing me?” this is usually a way of closing the interview as they would want to see that you can “close a deal” in a sales environment. Would this type of approach help or hinder ■■?

SmashedCrabFace:
Herro! Welcome to TNUK, stay alert, trust nobody.

Personally, I didn’t bother looking for work until after I’d passed all the tests. It’s much easier to find someone willing to give you that first chance when you turn with a licence rather than turning up without one, but if that’s what you want to do then fair play to you. Crack on.

Thanks for your input it’s appreciated. Im not gonna knock on doors at the moment however I’m a great believer in "fail to prepare, prepare to fail !

Just had a call from the wife. My Licience is now back in today’s post :slight_smile: (not bad considering the bank holiday, plus only had my Medical and sent it off last Wednesday!)

Now it all begins :slight_smile:))))