hi from a newbie

Hi all

Just registered as looking for some advise/pointers in the right direction from the more knowledgeable of you out there…
Been driving as a living since i was 20 (all I’ve ever wanted to do) started off on vans all over the country then got me Cat C when i was 21 then carried on, on the vans for a year. an did a bit for a local haulage company then got into my current work delivering trucks for hire… Now at 27 i passed my Cat C+E last month an now want to get into more C+E work… ideally id like to be doing low loader work or continental but i know you can’t just jump in to this kinda work with out experience…

so, while there is a small amount of artic + low loader work at my current job (an i mean small. just the odd brake down or moving a wag n drag or ejector trailers to customers now an then) im looking at doing some more training…

So what kind of courses are best to be looking into?

hope you understand what important writing, ss what i think i am an what im actually writing can be totally different :smiley:

cheers for now

Dave

Welcome :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Greetings JAX906 :wink:

Hi welcome to the mad house

Oh btw my crystal ball smashed so cant see where you you are to give you any advice

Welcome matey

Might be an idea to have a word with your boss if your showing interest in bettering yourself he will notice this and be more inclined to give you more chances plus as they deal with that kind if work he will know what skills you need to better yourself :bulb:
Jx

Cheers for the welcomes :slight_smile:

An from northwich in cheshire, traveling for training won’t be a problem tho as id rather do that than miss out on a dream job due to lack of it

been looking at jobs an what employers are after, unfortunately that’s experience, but alots plant experience too but not sure how can get that yet

Dave :slight_smile:

Jennie:
Welcome matey

Might be an idea to have a word with your boss if your showing interest in bettering yourself he will notice this and be more inclined to give you more chances plus as they deal with that kind if work he will know what skills you need to better yourself :bulb:
Jx

Cheers jennie :slight_smile:

This was my original idea with my class 1 but after 12 months of waiting an getting no were i had to get it myself…
Ideally id be looking at getting a new job eventually, as although my job is secure an a job for life, i just don’t get any excitement or pleasure from doing it…
That said its easy an flexible

Dave :slight_smile:

Did u find something and sounds like u already got enough experience u should try Explore as they got a newish depot on Winsford ind est now and do some low loader type work further than come Morrissons get some nice clean shop delivery’s

WOW!!.. hope you realise it was 9 years ago this was started .

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk