Hi...CPC courses

Hi Can anybody shed some light on an issue we have at work … we are being told by the company we work for that we have to pay for the CPC courses they have arranged… but we are being told different…

1. if the company is getting a grant off the Government it is illegal to charge
  2. they cannot state a time frame shorter than the one stated by the Government
    I hope someone can help on this matter

cockney:
Hi Can anybody shed some light on an issue we have at work … we are being told by the company we work for that we have to pay for the CPC courses they have arranged… but we are being told different…

Hi cockney,

If you’re talking about the periodic driver CPC (DCPC,) then the law is that it is the driver’s responsibility to get the required 35hrs of training done at their own expense before 09/09/2014. There are several options available to drivers to achieve this.

However, some companies are paying the training fess on behalf of the drivers and then (by agreement) stopping a bit out of their pay each week/month as a repayment. Other companies are paying the whole of the training fees, or even providing the required training ‘in-house.’

I’ve never heard of ‘grants’ for DCPC, so are you quite sure of which type of course is causing the issue at your work please?

The LGV NVQs’ are funded on a EU grant scheme-done mine yesterday and the assessor told me it’s roughly £2500 per driver :open_mouth: A decent firm will foot the bill for DCPC, although it’s not unreasonable to be tied in for working for them for a set period or to pay back the DCPC course costs if you leave before the allotted time…

i work for a agency and been told if we don’t have dcpc we will be at end of list for work.

cockney:

If you’re referring to the “Driver CPC” then I would say that the company cannot force you to pay for the training that they have arranged without your agreement, you will need to have completed the 35 hours training by September 2014 but unless the company are prepared to pay for it then it’s up-to you where and when the training is done.

On the other hand if your company has managed to agree a special low rate for the training it maybe in your interests to accept it :wink:

Would you like to tell us how much they want you to pay.

Hello mate, Our firm has said that we have to pay for our own DCPC. I was so mad at them that I did the whole 5 days with the intention of leaving afterwards.

When I told them I’d done it they asked for the receipt, put the cost through the books and saved me half the cost of the course. I had no idea I would save so much money.

Turns out the firm is giving the lads cash advances to pay for their courses too. So after every thing my full DCPC cost just over £100 and 5 very boring Saturday mornings.

I advise that you check with your boss what the score really is and leave the brew room gossip in the brew room.

Best of luck,
Al

Sorry about the double post folks… Fail

Not your fault mate, so it’s been dealt with… dd. :wink: