Hi chappies,this is not on the rdc list!

sainsburys buntingford ■■?
i think that is how it is spelt .

a quick google search turns this up
sainsburys.co.uk/sid/locatio … ngford.htm

:stuck_out_tongue:
Click onto the “link to map” on that link that Mrs Mix has given you - the place you want is the building under the red circle. Access is from that roundabout just underneath it, the southern end of the Buntingford by-pass section of the A10.

The A10 is mostly dual carriageway as you head north after you have left the M25 at junction 25.

it must be friday :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

why dont you ask truckers who are on rest questions about work so you can moonlight all weekend■■?

how many times…get a map

theres always one who has to make a snide remark,but i aint biting.
have a good weekend … :laughing:

I think his point is valid sometimes just find a place using your own initive will give you a better feeling of accomplishment

alix776:
I think his point is valid sometimes just find a place using your own initive will give you a better feeling of accomplishment

A typical example from today.
I got given the delivery ticket and before I could ask the window to the weighbridge was closed (they were busy).
I can usually find something if I know what it is near (ie obscure village near x town) but I didn’t even have that today.

Spent 15 mins looking in map book, then streetfinder (web and walk phone) before giving up and phoning the office.

to cut a long story short, the address was wrong. Weigbridge phoned me with another job, then told me it was near Liskard. Found village and off I trot. Then ask at local shop for directions to site.

If i’m unsure I will ask at the office when they give me a job.
not being funny here welshlad but one day it is going to bite you in the bum when you tell the office you know where it is then go away and ask someone else.

welshlad:

You’re spot on. And he normally PM’s them !!!
Take no notice to this lot just you tell me what bay you want and i’ll sort it :wink:

just to let you all know the sainsburys dc in buntingford is of the m25 junction 25,then you want the a10 north. will be leaving in around 30 mins,
got another drop on for nft should be finished in around 12 hours.
i love it me do !!!

Buntingford.

I thought that place had closed down and assumed it had been given over to housing.

Great fun trying to get on a bay ‘under the arch’ (not). :smiling_imp:

I’ll put it on my ‘to do’ list.

proberbly mothballed ready for when walthem point went ■■■■ up, as it looks like it has

jon

Nothing has gone ■■■■ up at Waltham Point - quite the opposite in fact. With another 60 trailers and 30 odd units arriving, a total of 500 odd journeys will be leaving Waltham Point each 24 hour period- seven days a week. That works out at just under 21 departures per hour.

The additional units/trailers at Waltham Point are there to the chilled hub at Elstree (previously operated by NFT) being moved to the Point. Whether they have any drivers to operate them is another matter. Until a couple of weeks ago I was driving for NFT at Elstree but jacked it in when we were told they were closing us down to save money.

The management and office staff were offered full-time Sainsburys contracts at Waltham Point but the drivers and warehouse staff were told that we would have to work for a Company called WPRG (on our NFT conditions) which from what I can see is nothing but a glorified agency.

I think Sainsburys were under the impression that we would all just transfer over but unfortunately for them over 50% of the employed drivers and most of the agency drivers told them we weren’t going. What do they expect when they treat people like this.

Since leaving I have had a couple of offers from agencies to go back but as far as I’m concerned they can shove it. It’s not that I’m bitter but I’d rather starve than have anything to do with Sainsburys.

Last year, Buntingford had their operating licence renewed for 3 years instead of the 6 monthly which it had been under before. This was because of noise issues with the residents. Buntingford is taking some of Waltham Point ambient while the automated picking system is being removed.

welshlad:

Well, I like to think that I tend to be more helpful than most, but even I’d come out on scottbrown’s side here. I think there is certainly some element of helping yourself needed here.

Just doing a Google search for “sainsburys buntingford” returns mrs mix’s link as the first item. It’s not like it took a long time to search for, and Google isn’t exactly “the internet’s best kept secret” anymore. This page returned by Google contains an address, plus a link to the site on multimap. It’s also on www.sainsburys.co.uk (i.e. sainsbury’s official website), so it’s likely to be accurate.

If you can’t find your way when given a map identifying the location of the RDC with a big red circle, then I’d suggest that you’re probably in the wrong career.

There’s asking for help, and there’s spoon-feeding. You seem to want the latter.

Thanks (edit) for your input,
oh sorry dai i meant to say thanks for your remarks
they meant a lot to a newbie,dont forget you were one once.
did i say sorry i meant to say MR FIBBLE .

edited by mm

MR FLIBBLE I MEANT TO SAY SORRY DAI
■■■■■■■

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lost me on those last two posts!!

Must mean something to somebody? :confused:

welshlad:
Thanks (edit) for your input,
oh sorry dai i meant to say thanks for your remarks
did i say sorry i meant to say MR FIBBLE .

Eh?? :confused:

just snipping the quote mm

Buntingford now included.

:wink:

And if anyone else has noticed a location that needs to be included,

SHOUT.

Add it here. PM me. Or place a post in the Feedback Forum.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

welshlad:

Yes, I was, and still am. However, I do at least try to help myself. The first reply you got to your post was 5 minutes later, and it only consisted of what Google would have told you. Had you gone to Google, you could have had the map pointing to your destination in much less than 5 minutes.

You, however, seem to have forgotten that I have helped you on multiple occasions in the past - last March I PMed you directions for Tesco Chepstow, and last September I PMed you a whole mass of info about Asda Portbury, including directions.

I have also had people disagree with me on TruckNet, but I didn’t resort to posting information about them that I had explicitly been requested to keep private, nor did I resort to sending unsolicited, rude and abusive PMs.

If I may offer you one more bit of advice - if you carry on like this, soon there won’t be any point in asking for directions on TruckNet, because you’ll have [zb]ed off everyone that might have been willing to help you. Whilst I would have given you directions to Sainsbury’s Buntingford if I had known where it was, I certainly won’t be giving you any directions in the future.

Congratulations, you’ve just lost a (potential) friend.