Hi and wet pack!. question

Hi folks, I’m new to the board so i figured i’d better say hello to all.
as a 47yr old ex sapper, i passed hgv 1(c+e) 20yrs ago, spent 10yrs working as a mechanic(cars), then 10yrs working in a double glazing factory running the night shift, and the last couple of months working as a courier, just to get back on the road.
every now and again i would sign on with an agency, and work the odd weekend driving artics, just to keep my hand in,
this site not only seems to be the place for the craick, but is also helpfull/informative, so a question.

I saw an owner driver job advertised, and it stated "
WET PACK" required. so what is a wet pack■■? :blush:

stay happy, Gordo.

I think it means that the vehicle must be fitted with hydraulic kit. For powering tipping trailers, etc.

And I only know that because I read it on these forums.

im pretty sure its for blowing tanks out and discharging liquids from tanks. it might be for tipping but they genreally call that pto or tipping gear.

Welcome to Trucknet Gordo, I think the advert should have read WET PRATT :smiling_imp: this is what most advertisers for O/Ds are looking for.

gordo:
I saw an owner driver job advertised, and it stated "
WET PACK" required. so what is a wet pack■■? :blush:

I saw that advert - Brown and yellow are nice colours :wink:

I don’t know what a wet pack is either :blush:

Denis F:
I don’t know what a wet pack is either :blush:

Babywipes ■■? :open_mouth:

oh & welcome gordo

Krankee:
I think it means that the vehicle must be fitted with hydraulic kit. For powering tipping trailers, etc.

And I only know that because I read it on these forums.

Your right krankee. My Volvo has a “wet pack” to power the walking floor.
As far as i know its another term for pto gear

Thanks for the info and welcome guy’s,
Dennis F, you are right about the colours though :slight_smile: .

stay happy Gordo.

In my neck of the woods, a Wet Pack is the hydraulic pumping gear, fitted to a unit for tipper or maybe walking floor trailers.
I’ve only used a truck fitted with a wet pack once, that was a tipper kit, so not rigged for a continuous circuit as I think you would need for a walking floor trailer.

A wet pack is a generic term for a hydraulic tank and pto driving a pump to discharge tanks, tippers, walking floors, car transporters or anything that needs external power