Hi all

I’m now a couple of weeks into my first job driving 18t. Was nervous to start with but gaining confidence with every drive and really enjoying being behind the wheel.

Welcome, glad your enjoying it and getting on well. Confidence is good but not to much of it trust me. What you driving?, did you find a job straight after your test I read a lot of newbies struggle to find work you may be able to give some good advice on how you landed yours.

I’ve had my cat c about 6 years which I got through the army but rarely used it. I gained a few months experience driving 7.5t through a friend. The job I’m in now I got very lucky, my partners uncle works at a local company as a drivers mate and they had a driver leave he knew I had my licence and was out of work so put me in touch with the transport manager and after a phone call and a licence check I had a job driving 18T.
I have struggled to find work as most places wanted 2 years experience even with agencies all I seemed to get was multi drop van work. I know I’ve been very lucky and I’m very great full to be given the chance to gain the much needed experience and am learning every day

That’s so often the case, right place, right time = a real chance to prove yourself.

Glad you got the opportunity, hope it continues to go well for you :smiley: