Hi all

Hi everyone , I am 25 and I am thinking of taking the plunge at my test, My wifes family are all lorry drivers and they have assured me that I will never look back once I have passed the test,

I was wondering what the average cost of training is for both class c and c+e .

thanks
Kev

HI Kev you are doing the right thing and although I do not know where you live, there are quite a lot of lgv driving schools that are recommended by members on trucknet. I myself spent nearly £1,000 on my training but that was quite a few years ago and I am now retired and miss driving very much. All I can say is go for it, you will not regret it. Liz

:sunglasses: yep go for it!!!cost me £1400 for both, and they will put you up in the premier travel inn for £100,

Welcome BigKevY :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Try this for some pre training tips trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23857
ANOTHER NEWBIE wrote: “Can anybody explain the process over the forum as to what I have to do to start with so I can tick off on paper?”

LGV C (Rigid) formally Class 2:
Anyone who passes their car driving test and wants to drive a large goods vehicle will need additional training to be brought to the DSA standard. The vehicles used will also have to conform to the standards as set by the DSA.
The vehicle must conform to the following:
Boxed/curtain sided vehicles
Length 8 metres
Width 2.4 metres
8 forward gears
Tachograph
ABS as standard

Requirements:
Stage 1
Have a medical to prove you are physically fit to drive a Large Goods Vehicle using
Form D4 of the pack (obtainable from various driving schools). Please contact you’re GP or www.driversmedicals.com who can provide low-cost medical examinations.
Stage 2
Obtain your provisional licence. Having completed forms D2 & D4 send with your licence to the DVLA in the enclosed envelope, I recommended that you send it record/registered delivery. Your licence with provisional entitlement will normally be returned within 2 to 4 weeks.
Stage 3
Pass the theory test. This is carried out at local test centres and made up of two parts; Part 1 is multiple choice, 60 questions and Part 2 is hazard perception, 14 video clips.
Stage 4
Book your training course with LGV Training School. Once you have passed your theory.

Test Criteria:
Answer approximately 5 questions on basic vehicle checks.
Reverse into a marked bay.
Controlled brake test.
Drive for approximately 1 hour around the town. Test may also include hill starts and motorway driving.

Order a D2 Form (MARK FORM FOR C NOT C1)
forms.dvla.gov.uk/forms/ordering_forms_dg.htm
Fill the form and a D2 form will be send to in the post
Download the 8 page D4 Medical Form direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg … 020731.pdf Please print and take to your GP if you have the facilities at home or work

Theory - get book /CD rom + HPT (Hazard Perception Test) again, you can get CD rom to practice. Best idea - get in touch with LGV school and, for a fee, they will train you and may have cheap medical.
Read posts on this site before booking any LGV school course - if in a certain area ask about a school near you on here. It may be worth you considering a B&B elsewhere in UK to do a course.
The driver CPC is not the same as the other CPCs.
Digital tachos are usually required by agencies if you work for them but you are responsible for getting one. If you work for a non-agency they might be nice and pay for it but don’t hold your breath!
For some idea of cost try trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

PS - please give me your feedback at the end of the “PRE TRAINING TIPS” POST

thanks everyone, I am in Nuneaton , Warwickshire.

Kev.

BigKevY:
thanks everyone, I am in Nuneaton , Warwickshire.

Kev.

Have sent you a PM (Private Message)

I got the email telling me that you had sent me a message but when I checked my messages , there was nothing there, could you send it again, thanks.

Kev