HI all, newbie here

hi all,
just passed my c2 (2weeks ago ), been trying to find a job, but normal story, we need exp
found an agency who said yes we can sort you out !
ok they did,
starting 4.30 tomorrow morning,
is this the norm ?
no Experience just chuck you in the deep end ?
just me and a truck to London

cheers paul

:smiley: :smiley:

Congrats on the pass and getting work. Hopefully you may be able to get a bit of help when you pick the truck up. Failing which, rely on your wits.

All the best with it (and my phone doesn’t work at 0430!!!)

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

well just passed c+e,
now do I carry on with c2 or jump in the deep end !,
only done 3 weeks c2 ( in total )
also didn’t get any help. just the keys and delivery notes,
first drop was London !
went well, on day 3 felt at home,
just tired

Thats agency work. Off at the deep end and hope you can swim. Go for Class 1 jobs, better paid and better kit.

ch1ll1s:
well just passed c+e

Can never be certain what type has been passed in so here are both …

cheers,

well was ment to start c1 work today , was
on way in get a text saying im one my own !! ( here we go ! )
so I go to pick the keys up ( truck stop ), only to find after an hour of looking around no lorry, its now 6am
also got to take lorry to docks sign up for my rhides card, booked on dock to unload for 7am
spoke to a couple of drives who thought it was funny, me walking around looking in vain for a truck to appear,
after explaning what im ment to do, both driver agreed that I would be off my mind to go a try to sort it ,

im not one to give up but I was at a turning point, got told not to call agency until after 9am,
so after talking to some helpful drivers, I bottled it handed the keys back to the truck stop,
texted the agency and told them cheers for dropping me in the ■■■■, and I will go else where,
did I do the correct thing or not ?

so now im not too sure if I did the right thing or not !
but I can say after only passing my test for 1 day, I didn’t scratch on dent the lorry on my first day ! lol

ch1ll1s:
, got told not to call agency until after 9am,

Their loss fella… an agency is a 24/7 399day a year operation so if they don’t want early am phone calls to sort ■■■■ ups their loss as the company will use another agency …

What area are you in ?
are you on umbrella or self employed LTD co …
If SE go to the company direct and explain what the agency said and cut out the middle man and show your willing.
you never know you might land a cushy little number as a relief driver when not working elsewhere

So what keys did you get given if there was no truck?.

Nozza:
So what keys did you get given if there was no truck?.[/quote
The keys to the correct truck,
but think the truck was dropped off else where

That agency sounds like a lost cause. Not only did they leave you in the zb but also the company. Now that company has got to fill that stop at the last minute. Thats the time that you can hear those agencies rubbing their hands together.