Hi all new to Trucknet and driver

Hi all

I passed my class 2 in feb, I did my training with Teesssied lgv, thess guys are realy good they teach from exprance not just books as it where.

now to my question im fineding it realy hard to to fined work, Agacies arnt for me as im a loan perant and a day here ro a week there just isnt sutabel at the moment. So would getting my class 1 help me fined work and also do you think the fact that im a loan perant is holding me back.

Thanks all Toad.

If you did your class 1 the situation would be much the same. There is a general rule that most companies want two years experience. The only way round this is to get busy and apply to as many firms as possible and preferably to go and see them. If you do enough of this you will get a job. By all means do your class 1 if you’re able as it will improve the odds to a degree. Please let me offer you some advice and don’t be offended by it. Many firms now ask for a cv or written applications. I think you should ask for some help with this as your spelling is not good and it is important to create a good impression for potential employers. Good luck and keep swinging!

Thanks i have done just that i have had a cv done with lots off help i am dislexic so my spelling is bad :blush: . I sent 3 more applacitons today so just hope for the best.

If you let us know roughly what area you’re in then others local to you might be able to help more.

Hi there Toad and welcome

can your local job center not help with cv`s etc and also help with childcare to get you into a permanant postion , just a thought

Jen x

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

If you have the funds at hand to do the class 1 and its what your aiming for then go for it but not sure how likely it is to help you in the hunt for work, in saying that, there are some firms out there that would take a chance with you, its finding them thats the problem mate. If anything atall having the class 1 means you can double the amount of jobs you can apply for.

I would call round all your local firms,send CV and also go round in person too.Even ask if they need warehouse staff and that way when a driving job opens up your there and maybe snap it up.

Its hard out there but determination is the key, you will get there in the end im sure!

Good luck with it and you’ll get plenty help on here with any questions you have :slight_smile:

Hi welcome

It is not easy getting a job atm ( but im sure you know that already ) there are also a lot of experienced drivers out there looking

Being a single parent is only a prob if you make it 1 ( yep I know as have been on my own nearly 20 yrs with 2 who I have brought up ) the other prob you may encounter is that they may ask you to do night out ( not sure if you can do this or not ) or start at silly o’clock in the morning

If like someone I know wanted to drive but could only work mon - fri 9 - 15.30 ( as he was a single dad well widowed ) so that was a prob

As has been said would help to know where you are looking as that may be of some use to us ( but take it you in the Teesside area somewhere ) & dont worry to much bout being dislexic that can be hard daughter is but try use a spellcheck as I do :blush: :blush:

Gaining your Cat CE poss would help as then you would be able to cover all then

Hi guys thanks for all the repllys its good to know im heading in the right direction, im abel to do some nights out aslong as i have some time to plan. mornigs are fine infact early starts would be best for me. Im in Darlington.

ps my pc is broke so having to ues fathers lap top so may not get to reply as much as i would like. Thanks for all your help Toad

Hi guys thanks for all the repllys its good to know im heading in the right direction, im abel to do some nights out aslong as i have some time to plan. mornigs are fine infact early starts would be best for me. Im in Darlington.

ps my pc is broke so having to ues fathers lap top so may not get to reply as much as i would like. Thanks for all your help Toad

If in Darlo have you been in contact with the Morrison Trust :question: as they may be able to help you with some training etc

morrison-enterprise-trust.social … ton.co.uk/

hi thanks for that i dint know about them i will look in to it thanks :smiley:

Hiyyaaa toad, congrats on your C test pass in feb’ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , good luck with the job hunt, hope you find something soon, & welcome :smiley:

animal:
http://morrison-enterprise-trust.socialenterprisedarlington.co.uk/

Hi all just a qucik up deat, i have been told that the morrison trust is no more (just what i was told in the job center yesterday) I now Have a good C.V… I got loads of help from the job club at evolution in Darlington. Im looking into doing some volrantry work for them just in a van but it will help. :smiley: :smiley: