HHO Fuel

Over the past couple of days I’ve read quite a bit about the running of both petrol and diesel cars off Water converters, basically you build a converter which extracts the Hydrogen Gas from water and the gas is fed in through the air filer increasing fuel efficiency by at least 35%

Sounds daft I know, but having studied the principles, it makes you wonder why the governments are not giving cash to companies to manufacture these on a mass scale, when I say it makes you wonder why, I’m meaning it in the sense that governments repeatedly impose taxes for us to be greener but they avoid even the mention of this method so it doesn’t cut their income from fuel duty etc.

When you look at the everyday components needed which would allow you to build a converter for around £60 you would of thought the larger companies would of considered this fuel subsitute was worth a go, especially when there is no conversion required to existing engines?

The way the system works is you feed 12v power into the converter which is simply 9 steel plates insulated, a common chemical is added to the container with the water to assist with the chemical reaction, and along with the voltage and chemical reaction the hydrogen gas is extracted from the water and burns at a slightly higher temperature than diesel & petrol therefore making it more efficient, and using less fuel.

I think I’ll knock one up to have a go and see how many houses I blow up in the neighbourhood during my testing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I read about this about twenty years ago iirc a engineer built this in the midlands but it all went very hush hush, It might of been something to do with fact that the government couldn’t charge 70% tax on water. lol

Here we go with this urban myth about “Browns Gas” again - actually a downright scam if you are persuaded to spend money on a kit.

There is an incontrovertible law that states — Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It takes energy (lots of it) to get Hydrogen out of water and when you burn the hydrogen you will always get less energy back due to inefficiency in the system. If you use energy from the battery then that has to be replaced — It is not free. Add to this that hydrogen is downright dangerous if badly handled (that’s why batteries explode) then sticking something like this in your engine is a bad idea.

Supporters will always claim that this stuff is “suppressed by the government and big business” Do we really believe that Ford or Toyota wouldn’t be using it now if they could to boost sales?

Davey Driver:
I think I’ll knock one up to have a go and see how many houses I blow up in the neighbourhood during my testing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I built one with one of those kits, it works mate but the exhaust backfires somewhat initially when you start the engine each time. My brother borrowed my car to go to the supermarket one evening and I could see from the bedroom window when he started the engine, see pic below i took. Think the mixture needs tweaking :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: .

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Clicky

This guy seems to know his stuff, not been tested in a car yet.

IIRC Kent Uni were selling & installing generators for commercial vehicles, things seemed to go quiet very quickly :wink: , maybe adding some credence to the conspicy theories, or maybe it just doesn’t accomplish the gains peeps expect.

I understand what peeps say about thermodynamics, however I don’t think that the math has been done completely and I believe their are some modest gains to be made (35% though is just plain bull).

If you Google this you get millions of hits — It’s one of the great American Conspiracy Theories. I have seen pages of pseudo science that purports to explain the chemistry but there really is no way round it. If you use energy from the battery then it has to be replaced.

Anyone interested might like to lok up perpetual motion as well — You Can’t Do It.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Santa:
If you Google this you get millions of hits — It’s one of the great American Conspiracy Theories. I have seen pages of pseudo science that purports to explain the chemistry but there really is no way round it. If you use energy from the battery then it has to be replaced.

Anyone interested might like to lok up perpetual motion as well — You Can’t Do It.

Isn’t that what alternators are for■■?

Santa:

You can extract Hydrogen Gas from water, the thing is, can it be done as a benefit for saving money?

I.E

The principle is to use alongside existing fossil fuels to burn all the fuel in the cyclinder instead only part of it

Hydrogen Gas burns at a higher temp than petrol or diesel

Supplying power to a converter is simple, battery - converter - Engine - Alternator - Battery

So thats easily answered Santa’s theory

However, whats the cost savings? they reckon a minimum 35% but I suppose the only way to really find out is to build one and try it :laughing:

Still with advancing technology something must be just around the corner :wink:

Davey Driver:

Santa:

You can extract Hydrogen Gas from water, the thing is, can it be done as a benefit for saving money?

No

I.E

The principle is to use alongside existing fossil fuels to burn all the fuel in the cyclinder instead only part of it

A modern diesel engine already converts virtually all of the energy in the fuel leaving mostly water and CO2 (+NoX). The "Efficiency rating of around 65% mostly refers to the losses in friction and wasted heat - not unburned fuel molecules.

Hydrogen Gas burns at a higher temp than petrol or diesel

Supplying power to a converter is simple, battery - converter - Engine - Alternator - Battery

So where does the alternator get its energy from? - The engine which burns fuel to do it

So thats easily answered Santa’s theory

I repeat - You CANT create energy so, unless we are talking about nuclear fission, then the energy needed to create the hydrogen in the first place will always be more than the energy created by burning it

However, whats the cost savings? they reckon a minimum 35% but I suppose the only way to really find out is to build one and try it :laughing:

Still with advancing technology something must be just around the corner :wink:

they work very well. i’ve used them on 7.5 tonners with huge fuel savings, but i’ve never tried one on a 44 ton artic.
some of the ones sold on the internet are crap. they wouldn’t last 5 minutes.
if you use one of these you should see at least a 15% fuel saving.

There is another thing i’m working on, and it’s safer. it’s a petrolium gas generator. you could make one of these while on a 45 minute break. it’s so easy, i keep thinking, “this can’t be right, it’s got to go wrong”.

The reason the government dosn’t want this stuff is down to money. if they invested in this, then they would be securing a downturn in revenue.

Davey Driver:

Yes but you’ll always end up putting less back into the battery than you took out in the first place.

Trust me, this whole thing is complete ■■■■■■■■. You can’t just make energy from nowhere. The energy needed to make the hydrogen has to be less than the energy gained from using it in the engine, unless several of the fundamental principles of physics are completely ignored (most specifically the law of energy conservation).

Paul

hydrogen generators use about 10amps of power from your battery, they will not power a truck on there own. but they will assist the existing fuel to burn more efficiently.

I’d be suprised if the draw is even as much as 10 amps, far less than a heated rear windscreen.

There is talk of upto 35% improvement in fuel consumption, drawing 10 amps from an already running alternator certainly would not load it enough to make it use enough extra fuel to negate such an increase, especially on a larger engine.

repton:

Davey Driver:

Yes but you’ll always end up putting less back into the battery than you took out in the first place.

Trust me, this whole thing is complete ■■■■■■■■. You can’t just make energy from nowhere. The energy needed to make the hydrogen has to be less than the energy gained from using it in the engine, unless several of the fundamental principles of physics are completely ignored (most specifically the law of energy conservation).

Paul

Correct. You cannot create energy from nothing. Fact. If it were possible in any way we would have free electricity, oil and all vehicles would return at least 1,000,000 miles per gallon and all physics as we know it would become null and void.

gardun:
Fact. If it were possible in any way we would have free electricity,

So am I completely misunderstanding the concept of Solar Power and Wind Power then :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sunlight is CONVERTED into electricity, and wind is energy which we CONVERT into electricity, Neither create energy from nothing.

gardun:
Sunlight is CONVERTED into electricity, and wind is energy which we CONVERT into electricity, Neither create energy from nothing.

So by creating electricity from an already powered Alternator, to charge water atoms through Electrosis causing a chemical reaction which gives off a byproduct called Hydrogen, which is flammable does not fall into any of the above catagories :unamused:

We are not talking about running an engine entirely OFF Hydrogen :wink:

All I am saying is that you are not creating new energy - the energy produced by the hydrogen has to be less than the energy used in creating the hydrogen. And that is before you account for the energy used to move the water to a place where you can treat it.

Davey Driver:
So by creating electricity from an already powered Alternator, to charge water atoms through Electrosis causing a chemical reaction which gives off a byproduct called Hydrogen, which is flammable does not fall into any of the above catagories :unamused:

It doesn’t because the alternator is powered by the engine into which you are putting the hydrogen.

With solar power, the sun is putting energy in from outside the system, same with wind. In the HHO system there is no energy coming in from outside the system and therefore it is claiming to be producing energy from nothing which is physically impossible.

Paul