HGVtraining.co.uk

Hello,

I’m interested to know if anyone is aware of this company? I have searched both Google and these forums for reviews however there isn’t much information available for me to work from. The company have advised they can train me for both my HGV 2 and 1 together in back to back training sessions. They apparently have contracts with TRG, HSS Hire, BRS and Kuehne+Nagel and once you are qualified they will set you up with an interview with a guaranteed wage of £32k pa. I would be interested to hear peoples views on this as I have heard of horror stories re HGV training and obviously don’t want to be scammed out of my hard earned money.

The other point is going straight from no experience in driving any kind of larger vehicle straight to driving an artic. The company have informed me that there training is to such a high standard that the companies they have contracts with would rather employ directly from them, knowing the type of driver they are going to get. My father who is also a HGV driver believes you need 18months driver experience on a class 2 before you can legally drive a class 1 however I have also spoken to two other independent trainers who inform me that due to the shortage of drivers, companies are willing to risk taking on Class 1 drivers with no experience.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

ogyheir:
Hello,

I’m interested to know if anyone is aware of this company? I have searched both Google and these forums for reviews however there isn’t much information available for me to work from. The company have advised they can train me for both my HGV 2 and 1 together in back to back training sessions. They apparently have contracts with TRG, HSS Hire, BRS and Kuehne+Nagel and once you are qualified they will set you up with an interview with a guaranteed wage of £32k pa. I would be interested to hear peoples views on this as I have heard of horror stories re HGV training and obviously don’t want to be scammed out of my hard earned money.

The other point is going straight from no experience in driving any kind of larger vehicle straight to driving an artic. The company have informed me that there training is to such a high standard that the companies they have contracts with would rather employ directly from them, knowing the type of driver they are going to get. My father who is also a HGV driver believes you need 18months driver experience on a class 2 before you can legally drive a class 1 however I have also spoken to two other independent trainers who inform me that due to the shortage of drivers, companies are willing to risk taking on Class 1 drivers with no experience.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

It’s a broker, steer well clear.

You don’t need any experience before driving class 1 either, don’t know where your father gets that information but it’s wrong.

Always visit a LGV school and talk face to face before parting with any money and you will not go far wrong

Avoid this company…you will NOT get a good deal.

They might guarantee you an interview but I rather doubt they will guarantee you a job, far from it in fact.

Top tip for you…READ THE STICKY THREAD BEFORE you book your training, READ THIS........ - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Don’t do what many have fallen for…a nice shiny and professional looking website does not equal the best training. As Rog says, if possible go and visit as many training companies as possible and get a selection of prices.

My thoughts - no actual schools are listed. Don’t touch 'em.

Also, the “jobs” that they advertise are listed straight from Directgov and are agencies :unamused:

ogyheir:
Hello,

They are a broker, in other words all they will do is fix you up with another training company and charge you for the privilege.

Stay well clear of them and visit local training companies personally.

ogyheir:
The other point is going straight from no experience in driving any kind of larger vehicle straight to driving an artic. The company have informed me that there training is to such a high standard that the companies they have contracts with would rather employ directly from them, knowing the type of driver they are going to get.

PMSL at them :laughing:

I think you’ll find most trainers say that, some may be able to get you an interview with local companies but no-one can guarantee you a job.

ogyheir:
My father who is also a HGV driver believes you need 18months driver experience on a class 2 before you can legally drive a class 1 however I have also spoken to two other independent trainers who inform me that due to the shortage of drivers, companies are willing to risk taking on Class 1 drivers with no experience.

There is no shortage of drivers, however you don’t need 18 months cat C experience to drive artics, but I suppose it would help to have some experience in a smaller vehicle.

Even the way the OP writes implies that he doesn’t believe it either. Which is good, cos it aint true.

I’ll second all the responses. But I’ll add that, although there isn’t an overall driver shortage, it’s getting much easier for newbies to get permanent full time driving work. The economy is improving, more “stuff” is being sold and it has to be manufactured and delivered. This all creates work for drivers.

Go with the company mentioned if you wish - it’s a free country - but you have been warned. Far better to find a “real” trainer you are comfortable with and book there IMO. Always visit and satisfy yourself you’re happy. The only exception is booking on rock-solid recommendation. eg we have folks from all over the UK week after week. Many are regulars on this forum; I challenge you to find a poor review! Most have come on recommendation and all have been very happy.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you for all your responses, I will certainly be taking the advice on board.

ogyheir:
Thank you for all your responses, I will certainly be taking the advice on board.

Which part of UK are you looking for training?

It’s nice that for once someone (who is open to listen to advice) asks the question before they book!

Just to add that there are a few training providers on this forum who have excellent reputations, and there is a wealth of knowledge on here about good training companies in many areas of the country. So if (as ROG also asked) you post where you are located I’m sure there will be some suggestions about who to approach.

The other thing is that before committing to a £1000+ course (rough figure) you should ask for an assessment drive (this is cheap), and get a feel for the company, the trainers and the vehicles. All training schools are not equal in all regards!

All the best for your training. Tim

All training schools are not equal in all regards!

Chalk and cheese spring immediately to mind!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

This is a broker so stay clear as has been said or you may be scammed

Go visit the trainer 1st before parting with any money

There is no driver shortage another scam to get your money although as Peter say is getting easier

No you dont need 18mth experience on Cat C before you do or gain a Cat CE job I didnt passed CE few week later started driving them didnt have 18 mth C experience same as a few others on here

I’ve just found the Trucknet-UK notification emails for this thread in my Gmail spam folder, I’ve had no problems with other Trucknet notification emails so presumably they’ve been marked as spam because they contain the words “HGVtraining.co.uk” in the email.

It doesn’t say much for a company when the mere mention of their name gets emails marked as spam does it :unamused:

Very glad I came on Here and read this. Can anyone reccomend a good local company in or near darlington in the northeast?

dannyfab67:
Very glad I came on Here and read this. Can anyone reccomend a good local company in or near darlington in the northeast?

Check out the link in my signature below :smiley: