Hgv winter tyres

hello all im going to poland via holland germany on oct 1st return 8th do i need winter tyres on truck cheers :wink:

You should be ok on normal tyres in Holland and Germany in October, I don’t know about Poland.
I’ve never been to Poland, so I’ve no idea what conditions you’ll get, or how ‘keen’ the local police are.

I think ‘the rules’ say you should fit snow tyres in October. In reality, you won’t be pulled and checked for snow tyres. No-one fits them until it snows or, at the earliest, at the first forecast for a real snow fall.

tbh I haven’t seen a non-winter hgv tyre for sale around here ever, as they are all marked M+S but you should have no problem in october

Simon:
You should be ok on normal tyres in Holland and Germany in October, I don’t know about Poland.
I’ve never been to Poland, so I’ve no idea what conditions you’ll get, or how ‘keen’ the local police are.

I think ‘the rules’ say you should fit snow tyres in October. In reality, you won’t be pulled and checked for snow tyres. No-one fits them until it snows or, at the earliest, at the first forecast for a real snow fall.

thanks for your reply :smiley:

milodon:
tbh I haven’t seen a non-winter hgv tyre for sale around here ever, as they are all marked M+S but you should have no problem in october

thank you for your reply :smiley: