HGV Training, Tyne & Wear area

Hi am new on here,I have me class 2 licence (passed '07). Am now wanting to up it to C+E, I feel there’s no C work out there, (licence not even paid for itself, still driving a 7.5t puddlejumper in hope boss would’ve upgraded, but no…!!!)

I want to know what the trainers are like in tyne and wear, TTS, Hargreaves etc■■?

Went to galashiels for me C licence, (HIGHLY rec’d, 1 on 1 only), don’t really want to travel that far again really.

What’s the cost now for C+E training anyway…

Hi Goldfinger,

I’ve been in touch with Tyne & Wear LGV(just off the felling bypass) who I’m going to be doing both my C & C+E with. They’ve been very helpful in booking my medical which I’ve passed and now waiting to do my theory, hpt and cpc case studies. Anyway I think they So far have been very good, helpful and friendly. I got quotes for both licence catagories and the ce was just over £1000 if you require 6 days training but if you go for an assesment they’ll obviously work out if you can do it in less days :smiley:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Goldfinger :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS for C+E ARTIC, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature at the bottom of this post :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

What’s the cost now for C+E training anyway…

For 5 full days of 2 to 1 or 5 half days of 1 to 1 - anything from £800 to £1,000 would be about right IMO

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Goldfinger:
Went to galashiels for me C licence, (HIGHLY rec’d, 1 on 1 only),

Which company was that? - just in case it is not on the list of schools recommended by members…

MrMartyn1984:
Hi Goldfinger,

I’ve been in touch with Tyne & Wear LGV(just off the felling bypass) who I’m going to be doing both my C & C+E with. They’ve been very helpful in booking my medical which I’ve passed and now waiting to do my theory, hpt and cpc case studies. Anyway I think they So far have been very good, helpful and friendly. I got quotes for both licence catagories and the ce was just over £1000 if you require 6 days training but if you go for an assesment they’ll obviously work out if you can do it in less days :smiley:

The Smith brothers run a good ship at Tyne & Wear, I know many people who have used them, me included would never hesitate to recommend them, they also do fork lift, HIAB and ADR courses.

ROG:

Goldfinger:
Went to galashiels for me C licence, (HIGHLY rec’d, 1 on 1 only),

Which company was that? - just in case it is not on the list of schools recommended by members…

It’s just one guy, called Jim Paxton. only does 1 on 1, found him tip top, keeps you relaxed etc. Didn’t mind the travel there every day. I think now he’s running out of Berwick, (don’t quote me please) because the place where you did your reversing part of the test etc, has been closed, so the next nearest testing centre for him is Berwick upon tweed.

donkey-dog:

MrMartyn1984:
Hi Goldfinger,

The Smith brothers run a good ship at Tyne & Wear, I know many people who have used them, me included would never hesitate to recommend them, they also do fork lift, HIAB and ADR courses.

Where’s the Smith Brothers?? just searched net, can’t find them.

Try Jim Hamill , teamtrain based on the team valley , did both my class 2 and class 1 with them , also doing our cpc with them so no complaints.

By the way, Jim Paxton does wagon and drag when it comes to your class 1. At least that was his set up in 2007 when I past C licence. Was about to book C+E and wife announced TWINS :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: are on the way!!! Money for that part of me licence went ‘else where’ shall we say.

Dust’s now settled from that shock, (I know, it’s been 2 years now). But as I said, saving now, and just pricing around for C+E lessons etc. :grimacing: :grimacing:

Goldfinger:

donkey-dog:

MrMartyn1984:
Hi Goldfinger,

Where’s the Smith Brothers?? just searched net, can’t find them.

The Smith brothers are the owners of Tyne & Wear LGV :laughing: