HGV Training News ***Warning***

advantagehgv.co.uk/news/category/training/
hgvtraininguk.co.uk/

Check out the above links…

It states on some of the articles that you can leave your current job and get a job as a lorry driver really easily. (These training companies use cheap tactics so please be careful)

Warning to ‘wannabe drivers’ — There are Experienced Lorry Drivers out of work

I had a very good job, but wanted a career change and considered Lorry Driving but was pressured to depart with my money and so I did.

I am now out of pocket, with a class 2 licence and jobless.
I have a mate who is in the same position as me, and another mate who did the back to back training and has a class 1 licence but is struggling to get a job also.

Words of wisdom —
Stay in your current job, while training in HGV (book a holiday or something)
Or
Have a job ready for when you pass

Most companies require experienced drivers, and most agencies require you to have held your licence for at least 6 months or 1-2 Years.

Please consider the above before training in HGV!

They are cleverly worded - they do not say you WILL get a job

ive had my licence since september 2007 and struggle to find work so its not worth even wasting your time on right now.

I had my class C for 2 years before I got a start with an agency.During that time I signed with a few agencies and did the bus test and found work on the buses,while its not every ones cup of tea you might get trained by a large co. then be offered a jobYou wont get that in the haulage game.!!

If you dont have your licence your unable to apply for them jobs that pop up now and again, where you could get lucky.

i agree with above. Do it in your holidays, you can do all your training and take the test within 5 days so once you have the money book it and take a week off. Never leave your job before you have secured another, not in this climate!

Has anyone noticed that is seems to be the ‘National’ training companies that have this type of advertising whereas the more local ones tend not to :question: :wink: :smiley:

I would advise anyone that is contemplating doing A LGV course, especially in this current economic climate, to be prepared to spend the money but not use the licence for maybe 2 years.

That may seem harsh but is going to be the reality for many.

If you can afford it - do it now, then, by the time 2 years is up - the so called ‘experience’ time for a lot of agencies - this downturn should be nearly over and you will be in a good position to get LGV work.

Maybe taking a refresher near the end of the 2 years would be advisable :bulb:

Keeping the job you already have will give you an income and maybe, just maybe, there might be the odd agency day for you during those 2 years so sign up with a few agencies and see how it goes :slight_smile:

ROG:
Has anyone noticed that is seems to be the ‘National’ training companies that have this type of advertising whereas the more local ones tend not to :question: :wink: :smiley:

I would advise anyone that is contemplating doing A LGV course, especially in this current economic climate, to be prepared to spend the money but not use the licence for maybe 2 years.

That may seem harsh but is going to be the reality for many.

If you can afford it - do it now, then, by the time 2 years is up - the so called ‘experience’ time for a lot of agencies - this downturn should be nearly over and you will be in a good position to get LGV work.

Maybe taking a refresher near the end of the 2 years would be advisable :bulb:

Keeping the job you already have will give you an income and maybe, just maybe, there might be the odd agency day for you during those 2 years so sign up with a few agencies and see how it goes :slight_smile:

Normally the case ROG and I fully agree with your comments- there is 1 that I know of in the North West who say Earn up to £30,000 and be earning up to £500 per week in less than 5 days :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Just hope people find it as hard to swallow as I do

When i passed my class2 i applied for loads of jobs and got no replys my break came when a local firm advertised for a drive and my dad worked with the owner 20 years earlier so he rang him and i got a break (Been there nearly 7 seven years now)

I heard that wilkinsons at Worksop set on drivers with no experiance someone on this forum probably knows if this is true as i think people work/worked there