Hgv training in Somerset

Does anyone know if there are any companies in Somerset that will take you on and put you through your class 2 and/or 1?
The reason I ask is that a friend of mine who is a coach driver, and has been for quite a few years now, would like to swap coaches for lorries! However, he simply can’t afford to do his hgv (crap pay from buses, Mrs, kids etc). He has lots of experience and does quite a bit of European work, tours etc, so is very used to driving large vehicles in all sorts of places.
So with all his years experience does anyone know if there are likely to be any companies in the Taunton, Bridgwater area and possibly Bristol, that may take a coach driver on and put them through their hgv?
I know Wisemans have a training vehicle but do they just train people in house, i.e people such as warehouse staff that they already employ?
Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.

Nick

Gregories transport in Cully do this sort of thing

Beef:
The reason I ask is that a friend of mine who is a coach driver

Tell your friend to go see a mental health professional before embarking on any hgv driver training or employment…:exclamation:

Thanks for the reply. I will pass on the information to him. I assume by cully you mean Cullompton?
If anyone else has any suggestions or advice that would be great.

Yes. Cullompton.
I know they had an induction thing about 2 months ago.

Gregory’s are still looking for drivers for the new Kay Transport depot at Willand.
See the Gregory website. Might be worth a shot.
Apply if you don’t mind driving 26-tonners up and down tiny country lanes looking for houses and barns. It must be easier to drive a bus, surely?