"HGV sensitive" Gatso on A5 Southbound Nuneaton

Anyone here been pinged by this camera and managed to successfully avoid getting three points on their collector card?

Had a nice pic taken there a while back, just over at 44mph. I was a bit annoyed about it as I hadn’t noticed my speed had crept up, on the plus side I got offered the speed course instead of points.

Roymondo:
Anyone here been pinged by this camera and managed to successfully avoid getting three points on their collector card?

yip but only got away with it because they made a [zb] up, the first letter they sent to the firm said the truck was doing 48 mph in a 40. when i got my part it said the truck was doing 51mph in a 40mph, when me and my employer compared the time i was flashed was exactly the same time so what speed was i doing as there is a 3mph diffrence. the company soliceter wrote a letter asking for an explanation and for the evidance and copy of the calibration cert. week later the soliceter recived a letter saying they were not going pursue the case any further due to technical difficulties, thats the only response we got from them.

If they offer me a speed awareness course, I’ll gladly have the Chief Constable’s babies! My (alleged) speed was a couple of clicks higher than 44mph though :angry:

I got the option along with the usual lett comes letter that comes through, they phoned me to find out where I wanted to go for it. Some areas charge £60 others were around the £100 mark. I only have to babysit for the Chief once a week by the way, no childbirth involved :slight_smile:

I really should proof read before I hit the enter key :laughing:

Beaker1976:
I got the option along with the usual lett comes letter that comes through, they phoned me to find out where I wanted to go for it. Some areas charge £60 others were around the £100 mark. I only have to babysit for the Chief once a week by the way, no childbirth involved :slight_smile:

from what i understand, the fee for the course is what you would have paid in a fine for the offence commited

plus your £15 pound victim surcharge?

The fee for the course is at least the same as the fine. They gave me a list of available courses and their costs, they don’t all charge the same suprisingly.

saves getting points on your licence as far as im aware. i know which one id choose (it wouldnt be the points :wink: )

Is this the camera on the single lane DUAL or the one on the single carriageway :question:

i imagine its the one on the single lane bit heading towards hinkley…i remember when it was altered to hit trucks over 40…several out of our yard were prosecuted before they caught on…some years ago i used to run into wisbech up the A47 and they altered the cameras near thorney to 40 for trucks…7 drivers were done in a week before we were told…(i was lucky :slight_smile: )

Rog. It’s the one on the single carriageway that has a height sensor.

The one on the A446 by Belfry golf course gate is also a height sensitive jobbie.

They really are out to get us.

You all know what quote I’m going to use…

Speed cameras are funded by volunteers

Result! They have offered me the option of going on a speed awareness course. Now, should I accept this offer or not…?

I accepted my offer just before Christmas and I’m still waiting for the course date, I was told to expect a wait. It will be interesting to see if you find the different areas have different prices as I did

The cost (Warwickshire) is £60. I hope to have this squared away ASAP.

Got me in 1996 3 points £60 fine

Roymondo:
The cost (Warwickshire) is £60. I hope to have this squared away ASAP.

personelly i would accept the fine and take the course

I know that camera well :cry:

I wouldn’t hesitate for a second, take the course man :laughing: