HGV Sat Nav's

Hi can anyone recommend a really good HGV sat nav,spoke to a few drivers around and a few have different answers.

The Tom Tom 5150 is by far the best on the market.
All the others are a waste of money. And yes I’ve used them all.

I have the TomTom Pro Live myself and think its a decent unit and haven’t had any issues with it so far (Touch Wood). I can’t comment on other sat navy’s as I’ve never used any of them but when I was looking myself the TomTom seemed to get the better reviews.

I have the Snooper S7000.
Built in multi channel tv ideal for nights out.
Up to 16 multi drops can be planned.
Adr routing.
Live incident and traffic warnings.
Bluetooth phone to pair up a mobile to speak hands free.
If buy one at the services ask for a discount.

I have just treated myself to a tomtom 5150 it is very good the live traffic is superb it has let me down twice by trying to take me on two 7 1/2 weight limits apart from these two little blips it is spot on i would defently recomend one

Most of the options above still cost circa and beyond £250.

I downloaded an app called ‘CoPilot Truck’ from the App store (only works on Android currently I believe) for about £80, and it’s been by far the best I’ve used yet. Speed camera updates, traffic information and planning is free (for life) and it has all the usual algorithms contained in more expensive hardware that computes your fastest route given the length, width, height, gross weight and axle weights. It also avoids corners that are deemed ‘too tight’ depending on whether you’re driving an artic or a rigid, but you can disable this function.

There is a downside - follow it’s instructions to the letter, as it takes about ten times longer than a dedicated hardware truck sat nav to recalculate your route if you take a wrong turn/decide to apply some local knowledge yourself!

I have just ordered the 2013-S2500 TRUCKMATE PRO for £209.
It should be here Monday and I will let you know how it goes.

I just didnt have the spare cash for the more expensive options but it seems to have all the features I will need.

tom tom one with an a to z
cant go wrong

cant go wrong

cant go wrong

I’ve got the TomTom 5150 and it’s great. Europe & UK maps, live updates are really good and it’s spot on.

Only issue I did have was when I lost all sound on it for about a week. It’s really strange because on the last day off a two week trip it just suddenly started working again. No issues since :slight_smile:

Are Google Maps and common sense still free?

There is a chap on ebay who trades as bargain sat navs, he sell’s a unit called “pro drive” that is pre loaded with 3 different hgv navigation programmes has a 7 inch screen. Will give you detour options should there be traffic issues ahead, can’t fault it at all and the best bit is it is priced at £99 equally as good as anything i’ve heard of at a fraction of the price!

smiler4612:
Hi can anyone recommend a really good HGV Sat Nav ?

The TomTom 5150 is the best thing available.

I have a Garmin 560 thats OK but it tried to put me on a toll road when my basic tom tom in my car warns me first.

Apart from that its OK quite quick to respond and a nice visual of junctions and lane layouts.

Think the consensus is the Tomtom 5150 is best, might ask for one for crimbo and use the Garmin as back up.