HGV Sat Nav worth it?

I too can recommend the truck tables one, I even managed to drop mine out of the cab onto the floor yesterday (doh) and though the case is a bit knocked about it still works properly. The only thing with mine is that it hasn’t been updated with the new speed limits so it annoyingly tells you that you’re speeding when you’re not, there might be a fix for this though, I haven’t looked into it.

Rang chris he will have new 2016 maps in August just switch the sd card and keep power to it for 8 minutes or so, complete with new speeds £10 payable to truck tables, aparently you can have the new maps yearly for £10 a pop. Not bad at all.

That’s good too know…Will have to upgrade mine also then…What do you mean by switching the sd card though?.

Everyone knows chris has his mobile available on his web site if you talk to him when ordering we will talk you through it, basically there are 2 sets of maps one in windows and one on the sd card, it defaults to the sd card, which is a micro card easy to swap out without opening the unit. so if your maps screw up while out call chris and he will help you swap it to the windows maps to get you going again, and not the sd card.

some of our trucks are fitted with Garmin Sat Nav for trucks. but if I need to use my own sat nav I have a cheap end tomtom. really if you check your routes against a truckers Atlas you won’t go far wrong. occasionally the Sat Nav tries to take me under a low bridge or through a weight limit, all you have to do is press alternative route when you see the road sign and it’s fine. I’ve used the on board truck Navs since I started and I wouldn’t pay for one personally

Take a look hgv-trucktables.co.uk/

alix776:
A satnav is a map, just in digital form.

It’s amazing how many people fail to grasp this concept.

A map in any format is only as good as the people who compiled it. I can point to several missing bridges and weight limits on both my Tom Tom 5150 and my Philips Navigator Truck map.

No solution is perfect. This is where (hopefully) you’re common sense comes in to fill in the gaps.

It’s not just worth it, it’s essential nowadays.