hgv parking

i was thinking last night that it should be the law the all rdc’s, docks and similar places should forced to provide overnight parking for hgv’s using their yards.

any place that has a high turnover over hgvs should have to provide places and facitilys for overnight parking.

containerbase’s
rdc’s
docks
freightliner yards
steelworks

it would be free and secure. when they have people cleaning their premises they could also keep the parking clear as well at hardly any extra expence.

does anybody have anywhere else to add to the list. :question:

that is an excellent idea but the spaces would just get used for loaded/ waiting trailers. you know for a fact they would not do it as the more space they had the more tailers they could get in and use for more important things than drivers safety or legality with regards to breaks. also think of the smell in the summer for all the office staff, heat and stale urine! Lovely.

I know one docks that sort of provides a truckstop, still no toilets though. How they get away with it I don’t know.

jessicas dad:
i was thinking last night that it should be the law the all rdc’s, docks and similar places should forced to provide overnight parking for hgv’s using their yards.

any place that has a high turnover over hgvs should have to provide places and facitilys for overnight parking.

containerbase’s
rdc’s
docks
freightliner yards
steelworks

it would be free and secure. when they have people cleaning their premises they could also keep the parking clear as well at hardly any extra expence.

good idea

But you mite not get a lot of sleep as there work 24 hours

delboytwo:

jessicas dad:

containerbase’s
rdc’s
docks
freightliner yards
steelworks

good idea

But you mite not get a lot of sleep as there work 24 hours

but it wouldnt be used as a trailer park it would be purely for hgv parking.

freightliner yards

deffo at mznchester it very much needed lol

And there should be a parking area with toilets and cafe at every junction of motorways.

Mr.Shep:
And there should be a parking area with toilets and cafe at every junction of motorways.

You are thinking of France again :stuck_out_tongue:

containerbase’s
rdc’s
docks
freightliner yards
steelworks

Its a good idea JD. I have suggested something similar before. But unfortunately all these councillors & planning chiefs who have a tendency to have their wages paid by brown envelope dont want to enforce it.

Just how can Dover and Kent Council allow continuous expansion at the Eastern Dock without any facilities. Every kerb and layby is smashed as trucks are trying to find a place to stop.

All these out of town shopping centres who have a massive car park could be turned over to trucks at night. It stops crime. I would stop the chavs nicking cars and using Maccy d’s as a racetrack.

Why not park and rides? Massive car parks outta town and empty at night.

I would give it a week before the park&ride is a mess with bottles of pee and bags of rubbish . All because we have some driver out there that don’t care

Most football clubs have massive car parks and only use them on Saturdays, most are now out of town so would be ideal.
I used to stop on the Britannia Stadium (Stoke City) car park when it was first built, I think there’s a big fence round it now !!!

The golden rule for me is: Find out where the Maoster and A.N.Other are parking up and avoid it like the Plague. That way I get a goods night sleep and save money.

It says ERF not RAF:
Most football clubs have massive car parks and only use them on Saturdays,

I used to use the old Huddersfield Football club as the parking area was free, the pubs were close but the place was littered with womens dead bodies the next morning :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say the clue is in your name “Layby” Larry.

Am reflecting upon how efficiently stroppy shunters could satisfyingly ruin any rest of un-wanted guests in their yards …bless 'em.

Having accepted that our governing masters see this nation as a ‘…marvellously liberal & diverse society…’ that we (sadly?) live/work in a ‘free-for-all’ whereby every jack is out to look-out solely for themselves, eg. resulting in the rich getting richer & the poor getting poorer, etc.

Therefore, I reckon that we as professional drivers have dipped-out on ever achieving any social niceties in ‘rest’ areas due to cultural norms now being too ingrained within the national psyche.

Conclusion? Society knows the cost of almost everything yet appreciates the value of nowt. Still, stay happy, eh!

the maoster:
I would say the clue is in your name “Layby” Larry.

Well how come whenever I park up with you and A.N. Other my wallet ends up looking like the back of a Bagdad mosque■■?

Happy Keith:
Am reflecting upon how efficiently stroppy shunters could satisfyingly ruin any rest of un-wanted guests in their yards …bless 'em.

Having accepted that our governing masters see this nation as a ‘…marvellously liberal & diverse society…’ that we (sadly?) live/work in a ‘free-for-all’ whereby every jack is out to look-out solely for themselves, eg. resulting in the rich getting richer & the poor getting poorer, etc.

Therefore, I reckon that we as professional drivers have dipped-out on ever achieving any social niceties in ‘rest’ areas due to cultural norms now being too ingrained within the national psyche.

Conclusion? Society knows the cost of almost everything yet appreciates the value of nowt. Still, stay happy, eh!

Whatever he said.

I Think :stuck_out_tongue: