HGV parking crisis point

simple solution - give companies that provide HGV parking a tax break of some sort . We all know how much these big companies love a tax break .

beefy4605:
simple solution - give companies that provide HGV parking a tax break of some sort . We all know how much these big companies love a tax break .

Good idea, but, make those that don`t provide parking pay extra tax. Lots of it! :smiley:

Franglais:

beefy4605:

Good idea, but, make those that don`t provide parking pay extra tax. Lots of it! :smiley:

Now thats clever ! :smiley: :smiley:

kevmac47:
I live a mile or so from the recently opened massive Amazon depot on Follonsby Park Tyne and Wear. Every layby and spare land in the area is filled up with tractor units and artic combinations waiting for their loads. There’s no parking on the road outside of Amazon, so the other businesses on the estate have to put up with the resulting congestion and rubbish generated.
My point is, why can’t Amazon be made to provide a space and toilets for the drivers to have there statutory time off. It’s pretty obvious from the places they are parking that they’re not looking for entertainment and nightlife, so all that’s needed is a pretty basic facility, ( and education for the morons abusing the area to keep it decent). Regards Kev.

I have argued this before in regards to Amazon, they are a pain in the neck.

Their own scheduling of loads often sees you tossing it off for hours on end waiting for booking times. Recently I had 4 hours travel time given for a load from a supplier in Wigan to Kegworth, when I inevitably arrived 2hrs early was told to come back and wait elsewhere. Donnington Park is round the corner in this instance, but that place & MSAs in general along the M1 are busy enough without it being clogged up with drivers wasting time waiting to get into a site that’s big enough to accommodate them anyway.

Amazon have put god knows how many extra trucks on the road in recent years, many of them running about with bugger all on them, but contributed nothing to the parking problem so far as I can see.