hgv medical

I currently live in Grays Essex and cannot get an appointment with my doctor for the medical, any suggestions as to best place to go locally, and cheapest.

Sapper

driversmedicals.com/

Probably a lot cheaper then using your doctor as well.

As said above
I used these last year in grays they was using the church in drake road chafford.
Can’t fault the service.

Thanks guys, will call them tomorrow.

Sapper

If you find anything else other than the link given by KCLeblanc, please let me know and I’ll update this…(which nobody seems to read nowadays :frowning:)

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19955

I’ve got this guys number if you need it.

mjallby:

I’ve got this guys number if you need it.

He would do…in fact it would not bother me if when I did mine for £54,if it was doctor Crippen,Frankinstein,or even Doctor Bob from the muppets,cos I wasnt gonna pay Doctor Robin Theiving-Bstard, a £150

I personally pay £100 for mine and have done for a number of years, although it is a lot cheaper to find someone else, if DVLA want some answers, and contact the doctor whos details are on the form, they know absolutely nothing about your medical history, so will write to you to give DVLA the details of your own doctor who will have on his computer your medical history and all the answers they may need. Maybe its me being paranoid, but i would rather deal with my own doctor also for the reason not to draw attention to the fact that i have changed doctors just for the medical and am i trying to hide something !
Yes there is a site called HGV medicals, but a quick look into yellow pages would give you the names of doctors local to you and who would possibly know your doctor and the problems you are having in getting an appointment.

Right on saying all that, may i say that after 6 months i am still awaiting my licence, i have had the medical, i have taken a treadmill test, and have had blood test and been given a clean bill of health. The DVLA wrote to me recently to say they havnt received the reports from the hospital, surely a phone call was all that was needed, but they asked me to phone instead, and i told them off for keeping my reports for a whole month, plus the month it took them to arrange the test. I have written complaining to the Director at DVLA, and have since written to my MP about the whole fiasco, which i think and did tell her is a total disgrace, the same as the passport fiasco, my next argument will be if they send my licence dated for its anniversary ie March, it is going straight back for a new date to be put on ie August and i did tell the director that at the time of complaining…watch this space.