Hgv medical

Hi all ,how far in advance can I take the hgv medical and can you recommend a firm in Staffordshire please thanks a lot

http://www.gettingamedical.co.uk/locations/stokeontrent/ £48

If its for a medical renewal and you have not had a licence issued after october 2012 then change your photo now and get 5 years LGV added to the licence from the date of the photo change licence issue - this can only be done as a one off

Thanks for the reply rog I think that loophole has been closed just been on site and says you can’t apply online
with a five year hgv licence

dogface:
Thanks for the reply rog I think that loophole has been closed just been on site and says you can’t apply online
with a five year hgv licence

try going to a post office that can do it

dogface:
Hi all ,how far in advance can I take the hgv medical and can you recommend a firm in Staffordshire please thanks a lot

your own doctor will do it surely.try ROG’s idea first though.

According to info on the net,the medical is in two parts,eye sight and health both must be done no more than four months before your renewal.
Go to your own Doctor,not only will he examine you but it should keep your medical history upto date.

Hi I’ve been using them for the last five years £58 and four £ going to charity

Having already done Rog’s loophole totally by accident I now have to go for a medical on Tuesday.It’s taken me two weeks to get an appointment though which is not good. I’m going to my own doctors out of choice at a cost of £85 and it’s going to be every year from now on as I am officially an old git :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for all the replies

When I first saw this post I thought my ex wife was looking to get her licence lol

dogface:
Thanks for all the replies

The loophole only works if you have more than iirc 3mths left to run on your Lgv entitlement , I left it too close to the expiry date, and had to do the medical,Medical - #11 by rog - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

In answer to your question which I forgot to do before, I assume you can take the medical as soon as you get the paperwork from the DVLA.

knight2:
In answer to your question which I forgot to do before, I assume you can take the medical as soon as you get the paperwork from the DVLA.

You can but watch out because I think the 5 years goes from the licence issue date not the date of the medical renewal - I stand to be corrected if wrong …

ROG:

knight2:

You can but watch out because I think the 5 years goes from the licence issue date not the date of the medical renewal - I stand to be corrected if wrong …

Mine expires the day of the month before the issue date, ie issued 15/05/16 exp= 14/05/21 so basically as you say Rog