HGV medical renewal

My medical expired last year in June.
I got a 12 month extension which expires on 26/6/2021, does anyone know if i’ll get another extension or try to find a doc to do a medical, thanks in advance.

No extension, anybody renewing their licence after 31/12/20 has to do so the usual way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cliffpark06:
No extension, anybody renewing their licence after 31/12/20 has to do so the usual way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply, looks like a medical it is then.

I renewed mine in Feb and I am 67 years old without a medical.

Here in N.I there was no deferring of medicals, just had mine last month but due to my GP refusing to do it on the grounds of safety had to go private, which oddly was £20 cheaper than my GP

Hi KDO2 go to your own doctor for medical it’s returned a bit quicker as they have access to your files cheers Ray

mine is due in May,so waiting for a letter from DVLA…

stargazer148:
Hi KDO2 go to your own doctor for medical it’s returned a bit quicker as they have access to your files cheers Ray

Thanks Ray, at the moment my surgery isn’t allowing any face to face appointments, all done over the phone.
I did get to see the nurse on Wed for my first covid jab.
I’ll give them a call on Monday and see what they say.

Hi KDO2 seems to be a problem some doctors ok with it as long as you wear ppe.let me know how you get on as a mate has got his soon cheers Ray

stargazer148:
Hi KDO2 seems to be a problem some doctors ok with it as long as you wear ppe.let me know how you get on as a mate has got his soon cheers Ray

Will do mate.

Shouldn’t be a problem getting a face to face medical, I know an NHS GP here in the north who is doing HGV medicals, for a bargain price too. Anyone in NE who needs his contact info, PM me