Hgv medical blunder by gp (update)

Today 7/4/15 I recieved a call from the dvla telling me that my case was now on the priority list and I would have to sign a declaration for them regarding me being a type 2 diabetic,funny thing is that they found this out when I was 45 when I went for my medical then ,and it was also on the form that was submitted on 4/2/15.
So now I have to wait on the form arriving so that I can sign it and return to them and then they will issue my licence.
can believe how bad their service is.
Full story below

Hi all, first time on here but felt the need to post my anger at my GP.
On the 4/2/15 I went for my medical to renew my licence which went well, recieved the form back including my old licence from the dvla on 16/2/15 to be told it had not all been filled in,I went back to GP to complete my form and mailed again to dvla on 17/2/15.
3 weeks later I contacted the dvla to inquire about my licence to be told it was still being dealt with. Contacted them again 1 week later 17/3/15 and was told the same thing again. On the 25/3/15 I recieved a letter that was dated 19/3/15 ( posted 2nd class) telling me that my licence was suspended due to my eye sight being above +8 and I would have to go for an eye test to confirm that this was not the case.(The GP had ticked the wrong box)
I went for an eye test on the 26/3/15 and passed with flying colours and immediately sent this to the dvla by gauranteed post before 1pm for the next day.
I called them that day and was told that it had not been scanned onto my file yet and they would not know when.
I have since called every day telling them that i am about to lose my job over the GP’S massive mistake to be told the same up until thur when at last it was scanned.
I called them this morning to be told that it still had not been reviewed and would not be until tue 7/4/15 due to the easter holidays.
to say I am not very happy would be an understatment due to the fact that not only is my licence suspended but also to the loss of earnings and may be about to lose my job.
What I still can’t get my head round is the fact that the dvla let me drive up until the 25/3/15 (day I received the suspension)even though the GP had ticked the box saying I had Mr Magoo eyesight from the very start.

Claim against the GP in small claims court for loss of earnings and stress caused due to their incompetence.

Claim against the GP in small claims court for loss of earnings and stress caused due to their incompetence.

I got diagnosed with type2 back in October. My medical was in November, I used the docs on wheels guys. The doc ticked the wrong box on the questionaire, it took ages to sort out, and Ive only had my licence back a couple of weeks. Good job Im not on agency, or foreign work…