HGV Limiter speed changed?

James the cat:

Conor:

Jayen4:
Yes, I know that…but this guy on you tube has said that the U.K. limiter settings have been raised to 60…My question is have they or haven’t they !■■ (He stated that this came in about a month ago…).

Professional driver, doesn’t even know the speed limit for the vehicle they’re driving :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Former Professional driver, can’t even comprehend a question.

He was asking about EU regs on speed limiters bird brain. RTFQ, read the F-in question.

Thanks for that,James…Couldn’t have put it better myself ! Some people are just not paying attention… :unamused:

:question: :grimacing: :question: :grimacing:

merc0447:
LGV speed limit on uk motorways is 60mph but we are under EU speed limiter rules which are 90kph (56mph)

Try reading the Highway Code now and again it’s been in there for christ knows how long.

Maybe you should try reading the question before you come across as a bit of a dim wit.
There is a constant trend with your posts. LOL.

Uncle Albie:

merc0447:
LGV speed limit on uk motorways is 60mph but we are under EU speed limiter rules which are 90kph (56mph)

Try reading the Highway Code now and again it’s been in there for christ knows how long.

Maybe you should try reading the question before you come across as a bit of a dim wit.

What the hell are you referring to you daft window licker? The ops question is worded clear as mud. My answer states both top U.K speed limits and top EU speed limiter rules. I covered both bases pal. What exactly have you brought to the party apart from try and start your pish with me?

merc0447:

Uncle Albie:

merc0447:

What the hell are you referring to you daft window licker? The ops question is worded clear as mud. My answer states both top U.K speed limits and top EU speed limiter rules. I covered both bases pal. What exactly have you brought to the party apart from try and start your pish with me?

You are not doing yourself any favours.The OP did not ask what the limit was.He asked if it had changed. :unamused:

Dopey B.

Uncle Albie:
You are not doing yourself any favours.The OP did not ask what the limit was.He asked if it had changed. :unamused:

Dopey B.

Complete and utter knit picking as it directly and indirectly relates to each other. I stated the legal maximums. I did not need to state if the maximums had been changed as they hadn’t. Do you want me to state the bloody obvious in every post, is that what it’s come to? Having to spoon feed drivers basic knowledge they should know? Drivers taking Facebook comments/RDC chat as gospel then asking stupid questions on here about it is a daily occurance.

What exactly is your agenda here…if you’re looking for a barney I’ll stalk you all over his forum I love a good trucknet barney. I’ll start the tomorrow as it’s boring the ■■■■ off me at the moment. But I’ll come and look for you and I’ll uber analyse every post you make.

shopstyle.co.uk/browse?fts=brick+handbag

AndrewG:
Limiters are supposed to be 90kph but have always had it set to 100kph as do hundreds of others. Will never understand UK drivers worrying about overspeeds when the road speed limit is 60mph…

I’ve never once seen a limiter set that high and I’ve driven a lot of trucks. I’ve seen a couple which think 57 or 58 are 56mph, but rarely (it’s more common to have them calibrated to run slower, thinking 53mph is 56mph – almost all the Scanias I’ve driven are like this).

IndigoJo:

AndrewG:
Limiters are supposed to be 90kph but have always had it set to 100kph as do hundreds of others. Will never understand UK drivers worrying about overspeeds when the road speed limit is 60mph…

I’ve never once seen a limiter set that high and I’ve driven a lot of trucks. I’ve seen a couple which think 57 or 58 are 56mph, but rarely (it’s more common to have them calibrated to run slower, thinking 53mph is 56mph – almost all the Scanias I’ve driven are like this).

All trucks ive owned ive had them set to 100kph inc my current FH500. If you have the software you can set it to whatever speed you like…

If any of you come up to Scotland the single carriage way limit is 40mph with the 1 exception of the A9 where you can do 50 mph.The limit is enforced by average speed cameras between Dunblane and Inverness.

AndrewG:

IndigoJo:

AndrewG:

All trucks ive owned ive had them set to 100kph inc my current FH500. If you have the software you can set it to whatever speed you like…

Good luck in a accident with that one John Wayne :unamused:

tango boy:

AndrewG:

IndigoJo:

AndrewG:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the trick is that when they are sitting at 100kmh or quicker,they still show a max of 56mph…costs £100 quid and 15 mins of downtime over here… :wink:

Wouldn’t want the risk :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

AndrewG:

IndigoJo:

AndrewG:

As DD999 says, it only shows 90 on the tacho, it doesnt record 100kph, its not an issue. Done it for years as do hundreds of PL/BG/DE/ES/NI…theres is no risk as theres no data stored ref re calibration using TC/DRAX software. I dont know what work you do but in europe things arent so stagnated as in the UK, i know plenty who have the limiter set much higher without bother. It would bore me to death Tesco plobbing…

That’s ok then as long as you’re happy taking the risk

tango boy:

Tbh the risk isnt even there. Its 6mph or 10kph over. which doesnt even register. Over a 4000km run it saves 4hours and 150 litres of fuel as the engine is at its peak torque at 1500rpm…

AndrewG:

tango boy:

Tbh the risk isnt even there. Its 6mph or 10kph over. which doesnt even register. Over a 4000km run it saves 4hours and 150 litres of fuel as the engine is at its peak torque at 1500rpm…

Running abroad that way isn’t an issue hence the poor standard of driving you see over here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had a truck on Coltons running at 100kph. Stood out like a sore thumb, but the only telltale sign was the mpg. It worked out to about 6.5mpg at best. The biggest problem I found was jealous drivers pulling out on you, or not pulling back in again after an overtake.

It is what you are or get used to at the time.
I’ve had trucks pre limiter days that would do 80 and beyond downhill,.which was normal at that time.
My first limited truck before it became law was set at 60.
Then 56.
My first Actros was 53 but if you flicked it into reverse it did 56.
My present one is 53 flat out,.
I’ve got used to it and don’t really care, I have done all the flying about that I ever want to,.I get paid by the hour, and I have the perfect answer when asked ‘‘Can you get to xxxx at such and such a time?’’
…''Not when flat out at 53 I can’t, I’ll ring you in the morning" :sunglasses:

merc0447:

Uncle Albie:

Dopey B.

Complete and utter knit picking as it directly and indirectly relates to each other. I stated the legal maximums. I did not need to state if the maximums had been changed as they hadn’t. Do you want me to state the bloody obvious in every post, is that what it’s come to? Having to spoon feed drivers basic knowledge they should know? Drivers taking Facebook comments/RDC chat as gospel then asking stupid questions on here about it is a daily occurance.

What exactly is your agenda here…if you’re looking for a barney I’ll stalk you all over his forum I love a good trucknet barney. I’ll start the tomorrow as it’s boring the ■■■■ off me at the moment. But I’ll come and look for you and I’ll uber analyse every post you make.

HA HA Just winding a daft Fifer up…Kickaldy perhaps? :laughing: